Meddling

The raven haired's face was almost an inch apart from Maki,a slight move from the two,and their lips will come in contact.

Holding their breathe,as the two close their eyes,wanting to feel what will happen next.

Suddenly,Nico rose up and back away when she heared the knocking on the door.She immediately got off of Maki and stood.

The crimson haired was shocked,unable to stand up.Nico noticed this and gave the redhead a hand.''H-Here...'' Still embarassed,as she look away,avoiding eye contact,she put her hands in front of the stunned crimson haired.

"T-Thanks...'' She blushed as she held it and stood,Maki can't clearly process what just happened or why didn't she tried to resist even if she knew it was coming.Lots of question piled up in her head.She was in a daze when she heared the second or third knock of the door.''Maki?'' Said the person behind it.

She got startled when she heared her mother's voice."Y-Yes,C-Coming...'' Running for the door to open,still blushing,Maki shooked her head and tried to focus herself on the situation now.

She opened the door and faced her waiting mother.''W-What is it?''

"Ah,I was here to say that it's already time for dinner.'' Her mother smiled.

"Ah,Uh,Y-Yeah...'' Without looking at her mother,she tried to calm herself because she don't want to be seen blushing.

The crimson haired's mother tilted her head in question and confusion but didn't say a word and looked at the standing still petite girl behind her daughter.She caught her blushing,this makes her more confused.''Then,I'm going to wait for the two of you downstairs.'' She decided to let them be for now,she thought it was some serious business,so she left the two.

When her mother left,Maki didn't turn to the raven haired for a while,still thinking of before's event.It was quiet until Nico broke it by calling the latter's name.''M-Maki-chan...'' Still don't know what to say or what to do anymore.''...I-I'm hungry.'' She pretended to be and so the crimson haired finally look at her direction.

"T-Then,let's go downstairs...'' She still can't really understand as she continued to flush pink.

The two didn't really done it,or really kissed,it was just a nearly kissed,yet it was still kind of weird,while not knowing what Nico was thinking back there.The crimson haired fixed her building emotions,trying to process,trying to figure out why or what did she felt at those times.She don't know anymore.

There is a side in the crimson haired that she was weirded about that,but there is also a side where she wanted to feel those kinds of things.It's really a weird/gross feeling,like eating a fried grasshopper with strawberry filling.

While walking down in silence the two were somewhat in a tense awkward situation.No one spoke a thing until they reached the dinning room.A luxurious rectangular wooden table in the middle,a bit longer than a normal one,Nico was kind of surprised,first time seeing a table like those of a royalty.

The two sat beside each other despite the awkwardness between them.First to arrived was them,next were Maki's parents.Her mother didn't sat because she's the one serving the three people.The man with glasses,Maki's father,sat on the side of the table,a confident,prideful and intense high aura surround him,as the raven haired noticed.When the crimson haired's mother finished serving,she place on the other end of the table.

The four started eating,first,it was utterly silent,until the woman broke it,asking."How was it?'' Looking at the eating raven haired,as she noticed her eating like a soldier,a bit stiff.

"It was good!!!'' Nico yelled as she stood up,surprising the woman.She felt embarassed afterwards,noticing that her volume was too high that it can be heared up to the sky and because it was improper of her.She bit her tongue as a compensation while she carefully sat down again.''I-It was r-really good.''