Wear Something Black (13)

ELSA'S POV*

Dead? He can't be.

No.

I felt the tears build up.

"T-t-t-t-tell me you're joking." I whispered, my voice cracking.

Merida shook her head, I covered my face with my hands and sobbed.

"B-b-but, I didn't get to apologise to him, f-f-f-for yelling at him! I'll never talk to him again!" I screamed, sobbing on the floor.

"Elsa, it's okay." Merida soothed, rubbing my back. Kristoff and Hiccup just stood there awkwardly.

"H-h-how? How did he....die?" The word 'die' tasted foul on my tongue.

"He skidded off the road and his car burst in flames." Merida mumbled.

I gasped and sobbed harder.

"Kristoff, can ye carry 'er to the car so we can visit Anna?" She threw over her shoulder. I felt arms slip under my legs and neck. I was a sobbing mess and I don't think I would've stopped crying if I hadn't passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Anna!" I cried, running to her arms.

"Elsa? What's wrong?" She whispered in my ear.

"A-a-Alex! He's dead!" I sobbed.

"What! No...." She whispered, looking into space.

"Anna? Have, have you been crying?" I asked her, looking at her red eyes. She nodded and looked away.

"Why?" I whispered.

"Elsa.... When. When, Rapunzel stabbed me, she didn't hurt my stomach."

"What reason is that go cry? You should be happy!" I cut her off.

"It hurt something else."

I went pale.

"W-w-what did it hurt?"

"M-m-m-my womb." She whispered, tears falling down her cheeks.

"Elsa, I won't be able to have children."

My world began to crash.

"What? No. Anna, tell me that you're kidding. Tell me Alex is going to come out from behind that vase and surprise us all. Tell me that you are actually pregnant."

"Tell me Mum will come back." Anna challenged,

I was shocked.

"Anna! You know she's dead! She died two years ago! Don't expect me to lie."

"Then don't expect me to lie!" She yelled, tears brimming up again.
"Leave. Get out!"

I stormed out of her room and down the hall. My eyes hurt from crying and my lungs burned. I stopped running and covered my face with hand as I slid down the wall until I sitting with my knees on my chest.

Let it go,

Let it go,

Can't hold it back anymore,

I cried harder as everything just suffocated me.

Dead.

Barren.

Hurt.

Killed.

Stabbed.

Burnt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Merida, take me home." I whispered, she nodded.

"What were you trying to tell me earlier?"