I Promise You A Ring (21)

JACK'S POV*

Today is the day.

Elsa's eighteenth birthday.

I clutched the small, blue box in my hand as Anna straightened my tie.

"Are you ready?" Anna asked, jumping up and down excitedly.

"Yep. Nope. Maybe." I said nervously.

"Calm down it's not like you're proposing."

"Uh Anna?"

"Yep." She said, popping the p.

"That's basically what a promise ring is." I chuckled nervously.

She stopped jumping and had her mouth in the shape of an o.

"Wait. You're proposing to my sister."

"Well, kinda."

"Cool. Go for it. But if you divorce her, get ready to divorce your dick too." She said rather seriously. I nodded quickly and she eased.

ELSA'S POV*

Jack just told me he wasn't going to be here for my birthday. That he had important things to do.
It's my eighteenth birthday and he woke me up at three just to tell me that. He didn't even say happy birthday.

I was just crying. It was like he was sick of being my boyfriend.

Fine then.

He told me not to call him at all today, not even text. I can't believe him. Of all days.

Anna told me to dress warmly and come to the kitchen. I followed her instructions and she jumped on my back suddenly.

"Anna!" I laughed as she tied a blindfold expertly and jumped off my back.

"I was practising that with Kristoff all night." Anna said.

Awkward silence.

Suddenly Anna had my hand and was leading me out the house and into my car.

"Anna, whose driving my car?" I asked, suspicious.

"Me." Kristoff said nervously.

"Okay, good. You've got a licence right?"

"Yep." Kristoff replied, popping the p.

No one was talking. It was so silent.

We stopped moving, I guess we arrived. I heard Kristoff get out and close the door.

Anna was next, she opened the door furthest from me, which I found a little strange and closed it again.

Now I'm suspicious.

Then she finally got the right door and flung it open.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Anna squealed happily as she peeled the blindfold of my eyes.

"Anna!" I squealed with her. She's taken me to the ice skating rink!

"And... It comes with these!" She said handing me a box.

"You didn't!" I gasped as I opened the box, revealing a beautiful pair of skates. They were light blue and had ice blue swirls around it.

"Thank you so much!" I yelled, placing the skates on the car seat and hugging her tightly.