Chapter 2

I walked in the counselor's office and waited a while to be seen. I felt my hands shaking a little because I was so nervous.

"Come on in Ms. Edwards." The counselor called out.

I hopped out of my seat and sat down in a nearby chair.

The counselor was very sweet. She was a short woman probably around her mid thirties. She had a blue blouse, black pants, and heels on.

We talked about my classes and she quickly printed out my schedule.

I looked at the schedule and had a question about where my classes were.

"Um. Ma'm Where is my first period at?" I quietly asked.

"Oh, don't worry about that Jessica. I'll have one of the students to show you around." She replied smiling wide.

I nodded as she called out a name.

"Harry! Can you please come here real quick!" She yelled across the hallway.

As he came towards us, I noticed that he had looked very familiar.

"Hey!" He smiled at me.

I was speechless. He looked so familiar I didn't know what to do or say.

"H-hello." I said quietly and smiled shyly. It was all I could think of saying at the moment.

"Harry can you show Jessica around the school for me please?" The counselor asked him politely.

He paused for a moment when the counselor said my name.

"Oh yeah of course." He smiled and looked at me.

"Okay, great! I'll leave you two to it then. Welcome to our school Jessica." She waved and went back into her office.

~Harry's POV~

She looked so familiar, I couldn't help but look at her.

I thought she could have been the Jessica that I use to know, but there's no way it could be her.

She moved ten years ago.

I had such a rough time whenever she moved. We were bestfriends when we were younger growing up.

I still wear the friendship bracelet she gave me the last time I saw her.

"Where is the science building?" She interrupted my thoughts as we were walking.

"Oh, Sorry. Um the science building is this way." I quickly replied. Showing her around as we walked.

I glanced at her schedule as she held it in front of her. I didn't get to clearly see her face up close.

"We have second period together." I blurted out trying to avoid an awkward silence.

She looked up at me and smiled.

"Oh, that's great." She spoke nervously.

I couldn't tell if I made her nervous or if she was just naturally like that.

While I was showing her around, she stayed mostly quiet. The most she did was simply nod her head or say one word sentences.

I showed her around the whole school and where all her classes were.

We walked back to her first period, math class.

"Well thank you for showing me around um, Harry right?" She slightly smiled looking around.

I still couldn't see her face clearly since she wouldn't directly look at me.

"No problem, i'll see you second period okay? If you need anything just let me know." I smiled hoping to see if she would look at me.

She didn't though, she just smiled with a simple "Thanks." and walked into her class.

I walked back to the main office still thinking about her and how much she looked like my childhood bestfriend.