Chapter 25

I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks within a couple of seconds of seeing Harry kiss another girl. I hated the sight and if assault wasn't illegal I would have gone over there and slapped Eva around. I didn't like feeling jealous over my best friend but I couldn't help it.

I wanted him to be more than my friend and wasn't sure if I really did until now.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and sniffled a little. Luke turned to me. "Hey...uh don't cry, princess." He nervously mumbled. I sighed and wiped off a tear that was starting to roll down my cheek.

"Sorry, I-I can't help it." I sniffled once more. Luke ran a hand through his black hair and leaned back against the tree. "You know, I hate girls when they have their little girly emotion problems." I looked up to face him, right now was the worst time to argue with him like we usually do.

"But.." He continued. "I also hate to see a girl cry." He let out a small smile, not a cocky smirk like he usually does, but a genuine smile.

I couldn't help but smile a little too at his surprsingly nice comment. Luke looked towards Harry and then back to me. "You don't need him Jess." He tilted his head towards them. "How do you know?" I asked.

"He obviously can't see perfection when It was right in front of him the whole time." His cheeks started to turn a light shade of red. Was Mr. Playboy Luke actually complimenting me?

"I'm not perfect." I let out a sarcastic laugh. "You sure about that?" He smirks and starts to walk off towards the parking lot. "Wait where are you going?" I call out. "Skipping." He calmly replies and throws out a sideways peace sign from behind his head.

An announcement comes on and says that the fire drill is officially over. I start to follow Luke until I hear someone call my name. I turn around and see Harry running towards me.

"Where are you going? Class is this way." He smiles, showing his dimples. "I'm skipping with Luke." I quickly reply. I didn't want to make too much conversation with him or else I would start getting upset again.

"Why?" He raises an eyebrow. I ignore his question and ask one of my own. "Where's Eva?" I cross my arms.

"Oh she's heading back to class already." He scratches the back of his neck nervously. "You should go with her." I reply, trying to keep my cool.

"I think she's fine walking by herself." His tone is more serious. "What's wrong Jess?" He adds. I look up to him and see his emerald eyes. I feel the tears coming once more and I try to stop them. "Jess, you're making me worried. What's wrong?" He pulls me in for a hug.

A couple of tears start to fall. "It's nothing." I look away and wipe my eyes. "No it's not Jessica. Tell me." He tilts my chin up to directly face him.

"I-I have to go, Harry." I sigh. I can't tell him the truth, not now, not when I just helped him get with another girl. This is all my fault.

"C'mon were best friends. Don't walk away, please." He pleads. I try not to cry anymore than I already am. I hate walking away from him but it would be worse if I stayed and told him the truth.

Eva would surely hate me for helping her finally win over Harry and then find out I have feelings for him too.

And what would Harry think? I felt my head start to throb and I hurried to the girls bathroom, far away from my best friend.