Chapter 24

The day goes by pretty fast and I enter my class and see Luke. Well isn't this just great. I sit down in my seat and open up my notebook. "Hey there princess." Luke greets and turns to face me in his seat. "Hi." I quietly reply and take out my pen, not bothering to look up at him.

"What's wrong?" He asks and scoots closer to me. "Nothing. Why?" I look up at the board and start jotting down the notes for the day. I really didn't feel like dealing with him today. "Usually you would have snapped at me for calling you princess already." His voice sounded so innocent. I finally look towards him and see his tanned face. We both caught each other's eyes and I couldn't seem to look away. I noticed how light blue they were and his eyes seemed to be gleaming.

"Yeah, well i'm not in the mood to argue with you today." I sighed. "Aw c'mon love. Tell ol' Luke what happened. You can tell me." He replied in a fake country accent. It was actually really funny since his English accent is so thick. "Nope." I giggled and continued taking notes.

"Why not? You can trust me princess!" I swear the more he called me that the more it irked me. Usually most girls would love to be called a cute nickname, but in this case...he calls me princess just to annoy me on purpose.

"No, i'm good." I reply. "And stop calling me princess." I add. I decide i'm not going to get anywhere with the notes and put my pen down. As I do, the fire alarm rings and an announcement comes on air. "Students this is a practice fire drill warning, please proceed to the nearest exit." I hear a lady announce.

Everyone stands up and walks out of the classroom outside to the courtyard. Luke stays close behind me as we walk out. Being the clumsy girl that I am I almost trip on one of the loose bricks on the courtyard floor. I almost fall forward and Luke quickly stops me from falling and making a complete fool out of myself.

"Woah, watch it there princess." He pulls me close to him and I stand up straight, now keeping my balance.

"T-thanks." I quietly respond and back away. I was a little to close to him. He smirks and places his hand on my head. "What would you do without me?" He chuckles and messes up my hair. "Have I told you how much I hate you Luke!" I try to say in a serious tone but can't help the smile coming on my face.

"You look better like that." He says as he takes a good look at me and busts out laughing. I had never actually heard a genuine laugh from him. It was a deep, contagious laugh that made me start laughing myself.

"Shutup." I reply and look at my reflection on my phone screen. It looks like I have a crow's nest on my head with all the tangles Luke created in my hair. Oh gosh.

Just as we begin walking more to the outskirts of the courtyard, my smile fades away when I see Harry and Eva together. He is sitting with her at one of the tables and looks happy as ever.

I couldn't believe how fast they hit it off! Just last week they would have never said a word to each other and now they act like they can't be apart from one another for more than a minute! I see her giggling like a little school girl and running her hands through his hair. It made me angry beyond words.

I cross my arms and just stay quiet as I stand by Luke by a small tree. "Who's that?" Luke asks and points to where I'm looking. "Her name is Eva." I simply say and look away from her and Harry. They didn't seem to notice me looking over at them anyways.

"Well Eva seems to really like Harry." He looks down to me and leans against the tree. "Yeah, she does." I look to Luke and run my hand through my hair. "And he seems to like her too." He points to their direction and raises an eyebrow.

I look back over there and I feel heartbroken as I see Harry and Eva kissing.