chapter 18

Hello! Just a quick note here! I wanted to thank 'Harrysbananas9498' and everyone else for continuing to support this story! It means alot, so thank you :)
Hope everyone enjoys!

~Jessica's POV~

"Nevermind." Harry said.

I looked at him for a moment trying to read his expression. Nothing.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yeah, hey I got to go. I'll see you later, okay." He half smiled and started walking away.

"Oh-okay." I said as he continued to walk off.

Was it something I said.

I heard the bell ring and decided to head to class already. I kept thinking of what I said to Harry. He looked kind of hurt but I mean he wanted the truth right? Were best friends and it seems that's all were going to be so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I understand being protective over each other and all but I don't like Luke that way.

I sighed as I entered my classroom. I really didn't feel like doing any school work right now.

"Hey, you're new right?" A girl with long dark red hair looked over at me from a seat away.

She had tan skin and bright blue eyes.

"Um yeah. Well not that new anymore, I've been here for a little while now." I replied as I pushed my long hair back.

"Well i'm Eva." She smiled and moved into the empty seat that was in between us.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Jessica." I smiled back.

We made small talk and laughed a bunch during class. She seemed really laid back and fun.

"So do you have any friends here?" She asked when I started telling her about how I moved back over here.

"Yeah, Harry Styles was and still is my best friend. We didn't seen each other in so long that when I came here I could hardly recognize him." I chuckled at the thought of the confused looks Harry gave me when I first came here.

"Ah, Harry Styles? He's pretty cute." Eva smirked as she ran a hand through her red locks.

"Uh yeah I guess haha." I tried to play it off as if I could care less. Truth is, I thought puberty treated him well. He grew up to be so handsome. Not that he wasn't cute before when we were younger but now he looks even better.

"He isn't dating anyone is he?" She asked as she was packing her belongings in her bag. I looked at the clock and noticed it was already getting time to leave.

"No, I don't think so." I answered. Where was she going with this?

"Could you put in a good word for me? He probably doesn't even know I exist because this school is so big but from the way you talk about him he seems sweet. I would like to get to know him." Eva smiled. I began to pack my things up as well.

"Oh um yeah sure." I hesitantly replied.

"I know we just met and I don't want to pressure you if you don't want to it's total-" She began saying. I felt bad because she seemed nervous.

"No it's okay! I'll be sure to bring your name up." I assured her with a warm smile.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you." She gave me a hug.

"I mean you don't like him more than a friend or anything do you? I'm sorry I didn't even bother to ask." Eva said.

"No, nothing more than friends." I lied.