Chapter 36

The next morning chandler woke up by the sound of a vacuum in the living room he looked to the left of the bed at the alarm clock to read it was only 6am. He slowly and hesitantly got up out of bed and walked into the living room. As soon as he walked in a whiff of all sorted cleaning products filled his nose. He saw Katy to his left sitting at the dining table and playing with her Barbies  and Monica to his right who was in her pyjamas vacuuming “Mon what are you doing?! Its 6 in the morning” he shouted trying to get his voice heard over the vacuum cleaner. Monica switched off the vacuum and looked up at chandler “I’m sorry sweetie, did I wake you?”  She asked only paying the slightest bit of attention “Actually, yeah, But what are you doing? Have you been cleaning?” he asked taking her hand and sitting her down on the couch. “Well yeah, I clean when I’m nervous” She smiled. “There is nothing to be nervous about, why don’t we put away all the cleaning stuff then have some breakfast? Ok?” he asked pushing her hair out of her face. “Ok” she smiled.

After breakfast Monica ran to the shop to go get a few things for when Ross and Rachel came over to visit whilst chandler tried to get Katy ready. “Katy we have to get you dressed or mommy will get mad” he said trying to get her to tare her attention from the tv to listen to him. “I don’t want to, I want to finish watching cartoons” she whined. “Katy if you get ready I’ll let you have some ice cream, but you can’t tell mommy? Ok?” She switched her attention to chandler immediately. “Ok!” she yelled jumping into his arms.
Katy sat on chandler’s bed as he pulled out 3 different outfits. “What about this one?” he asked holding up a yellow frilly dress. “No” Katy said pointing to the pile of clothes she had already disagreed to wear. “Well Katy these are the only 2 outfits you have left that you have in the bag, so it’s either the overalls or the skirt and shirt?” “Overalls” she pretty much screamed. “Overalls it is” By the time chandler had finally got Katy dressed she was wearing a pair of short overalls with a pink t-shirt underneath. “Well don’t you look beautiful?” chandler said as he brushed her hair. “I know” she said just like Monica. “Ok, now we are done we can have some ice cream, but we can’t tell mommy? Ok?” Katy nodded enthusiastically as chandler carried her to the kitchen.

2 hours later Monica and chandler where watching TV on the couch whilst Katy played with her Barbies in chandlers room. Not too long later there was a knock at the door. Monica shot up quickly to answer it knowing who it would be. “Monica!” Rachel yelled excitedly as she hugged her former best friend. “Rachel, hi! Where’s Ross” she asked. “He is just getting Emma out of the car with her stuff” Rachel smiled. “I’m so excited to meet her, Well come on in, this is chandler” she said as chandler held out his hand for her to shake. “Chandler...chandler? Where do I know that name? Oh!” Rachel gasped remembering who chandler was. “Monica is this...” Rachel was quickly cut off by Ross walking through the door “Ross!” Monica said enthusiastically as she got up to hug him. “Hey Monica! I swear you lived across the street last time” Ross said passing Emma to Rachel. “Well...I do but this is chandlers place and I’m...I’m well I wanted to meet up here” Monica lied. “Ross you remember my friend chandler?” “Oh yeah chandler hi” Ross said taking chandlers hanging hand and shaking it. “So, this is Emma?” Monica asked smiling at the toddler in Rachel’s arms. “Yeah she is almost 2 I can’t believe it” Ross said sitting down next to Rachel and draping his arm across her shoulders. “Well she very beautiful” Monica smiled. Just then Katy walked out “mommy I’m hungreyyy...” Katy whined not realising there were other people in the room. When she reached the couch she then realised the 3 other people sitting there. Monica picked her up and placed her on her lap. “Katy this is your uncle Ross, Your cousin Emma, and Your aunt Rachel” Katy buried her head into Monica’s chest. “Baby don’t be shy” Monica whispered. Katy looked up slightly. “Hi” she quietly said. “Hey Katy, I have a present for you” Ross said. Katy’s head shot up at the word ‘present’ “Why Don’t you go and open it in chandler’s room and take Emma with you to play with your dollies” Monica said lifting down Katy. “Ok” As they watched the two disaperear into the room Monica decided to break the silence. “So what actually happened with you too?” Rachel looked over at Ross and smiled, “well it’s a long story” “we have a longer one” chandler said just above a whisper not intending for anyone else to hear. “What?” Rachel asked. “What?” chandler replied acting as if he hadn’t said anything “ok” Rachel laughed. “Anyway a year after college I ran into Ross and we became really good friends for a few months” “but then shortly we turned into much more then that” Ross finished. “As I was saying, we dated for about 3 years before Ross slept with another girl” “we were on a break!” Ross said loudly cutting off Rachel. “Look Ross, I am not getting into this argument with you again ok? Anyway, We broke up and then a few months later we became friends again, Then our best friend Courtney got married to our other best friend Matthew and I got really depressed and drunk and ended up sleeping with Ross, Then a month later I find out I’m pregnant but we still decided to stay friends, but then we worked things out and tried to be a couple again, for Emma’s sake, And then when Emma was almost one year old I got this big job offer in Paris,  But I turned it down because of Ross and Emma, Then one day me and Ross had another huge fight and broke up  so then I decided out of the blue to go to Paris and take Emma with me. A few months later I regretted leaving Ross and moving away so quickly so I tried to get back together with him but he said he already had a life here in new York and he couldn’t leave Ben” “but then I ran into chandler at the coffee house who took me to you and you convinced me to go to Rachel..So I organised a schedule with carol and Ben then I went” Ross said finishing Rachel’s story. “Wow” chandler said. “Yeah I know, well I’m glad I convinced you to go to Rachel because you both look so happy” Monica smiled. “I can’t thank you enough Monica” Ross said as he hugged Rachel. Monica sat there in silence as she let her thoughts wonder. Why was it so easy for them to just drop everything and be together? Why did it have to be so difficult for her and chandler to be together Monica was pulled out of her thoughts by the sound of Ross calling her name “Mon...? Mon...Mon” “Yeah?” She said shaking her head of any thought. “I called your name like 5 times and you where like staring into space” Ross said looking from chandlers worried look back to Monica’s “Oh I’m sorry, I’m just a bit tired that’s all” “Alright Anyway, tell me about you, where is your husband?” Chandler felt Monica flinch beside him. Monica gulped her mouth suddenly became dry, chandler seeing how nervous she was placed his hand on her shoulder. “Well... about that, I’m not with him anymore?” Monica said not making eye contact. “Omg Monica! That is that chandler isn’t it!” Rachel shouted. Monica nodded slightly. “w-what what’s going on?” Ross asked confused. Monica took a deep breath ready to tell her very complicated story.

 After she had told Ross and Rachel what had happened minus the bits about being beaten by Michael out of the story. Ross and Rachel’s mouth where wide open. “Monica I’m so happy you finally went to the man you loved” Rachel smiled. Chandler smiled as well as Monica. “W-w-hat? So you cheated on your husband with chandler, got pregnant, didn’t let chandler have anything to do with it, let your husband think it was his baby then you lost the baby and finally confesses that you where in love with chandler and your husband won’t let you get a divorce” Ross asked still shocked by what he had just heard. “Why do you say it like that?” Rachel shot at Ross. “No it’s just it’s allot of information to get in a few minutes” Ross said. “But Mon if you ever need help with anything you have our full support” Ross finally got out. “Yeah Mon, and you have no idea how happy I am that your finally with chandler” “Thanks guys” Monica smiled. “So where will you’s be living” Chandler asked pulling Monica closer to him. “Actually in an apartment only a few blocks away from here” Ross smiled. “Daddy! Mommy! Look what I taughteded Emma!” Katy said running out. “She calls your daddy?” Ross asked. “Yeah, only recently though, but that’s a whole other story” chandler answered. “Aw I think it’s cute!” Rachel said placing Emma on her lap. Chandler picked up Katy and placed her on his lap. “What did you teach her sweetie” Monica asked. “This, watch...Emma what is this?” Katy asked holding up a Barbie doll. “Barbie!” Emma yelled. “Wow clever girl” Ross said to Emma as he ticked her. “Well done Katy, you input wisdom” chandler smiled at her. “So what do you guys want to do for lunch?” Monica asked. “What ever you’s want to do, oh! There is this really good restraint I went to a few years back called the rainbow room, but it’s a bit expensive” Rachel said gaining disappointment. “A bit expensive? It’s like 30 bucks for a soup?” Ross said shaking his head. “Well what’s your idea?” Rachel snapped at Ross. “I don’t know, where do you guys want to go?” Ross asked chandler and Monica. “McDonalds!” Katy screamed. “Honey there is no need to yell we are right here” Monica laughed. “Please mommy?” Katy begged. “Well we could always go there for lunch and go out to the rainbow room for dinner tonight?” chandler suggested. “Ok yeah, that sounds good, but who will look after the girls?” “Well my friend phoebe should be available she loves having Katy over to entertain her daughter, I’m sure she won’t mind looking after Emma?” “Well only if it’s okay with her?” Ross said letting Emma off his lap.

Later that night Monica was trying to pick out something to wear. “I have nothing good to wear I didn’t pack anything good” Monica whined as she threw the last bit of reaming clothing she had brought over to the floor. “Mon, you look good in anything” Chandler said sitting down on the bed. “Well it has to be something really good, it’s a really fancy restraint, I Don’t want to under dress” Monica said as she flopped down on to the bed where chandler was sitting. “What about this one?” He asked pulling a red knew length dress out of the cupboard. “Oh! I forgot I had that” Monica said jumping off the bed with a smile plastered across her face. “Thank you” she smiled at chandler. “Maybe you want to help me get into it?” Monica said seductively with a wink. “I think you could get into it by yourself, but I will be happy to take it off you later tonight” Chandler winked. Monica laughed slightly and snaked her arms around his neck and begun to kiss him passionately, just as the kiss started to deepen there was a loud knock at the door. “Every single time” chandler laughed with disappointment across his face.

Nothing much really happens in this chapter, its pretty much just a fill in chapter, but still Review! I love hearing your feedback! xx