Chapter 2: Woods

Chapter 2
Woods

It has been four days since I've last seen the world beneath my eyes. As I take a step towards outside, the gush of winds greets me as well as the wonderful shine of the sun. I squeeze my eyes shut as I step out. People are looking at me, as always and as usual, like it's the first time they have seen me. Probably, I look like I'm messed up, which I am. I have been locked into that cell and no one really cared. Plus, I haven't taken a shower. I honestly smell like a pig that has been covered in a really, really dirty mud. My bullies, even the Great Alpha himself, are snickering at me but they try to mask it with a poker face, but it's not helping them. In fact, one of the Great Alpha's friend, I think his name is Marcus, bursts out laughing at me messed up look and I try my hardest not to frown at them. The last thing I want to happen again is to have another punishment.

I look away, not wanting them to see my condition right now. Even I tell myself that I don't look good. At all. I know, very low self-confidence, but being treated like a piece of shit every single day makes you low. Even though I keep saying to myself that someday, everything is going to be alright and someday, people will look upon on me and respect me. But those are only dreams I'm having. Rarely. My usual dream is I'm always being kicked or being beaten to death, with no one helping me, with everyone watching me die slowly and painfully. Life has been so cruel to me and I have no way to lift myself up or to boost myself confidence. The only one I have is my wolf Furion. Though sometimes, he keeps snarling and growling and calling me names because I'm being weak, he loves me a lot. He's the only family I have and no one else.

"Look, the weakling," Marcus says to his friends with amusement lingering in his voice. A pang of pain stabs my heart and I hide myself in embarrassment. What hurts most is the Great Alpha joins the other from laughing.

They should be the one treating me with care because I'm part of their pack. They should treat me like I matter to them, like I'm a family. Or just even a person. But no, they treat me like I'm the lowest of the lowest. They treat me like I'm just a piece of shit waiting to be thrown away in the garbage. But I'm not. I have a life. Not really good, but long enough for me to enjoy what life has to offer me. But these bitches neglect it. They have removed my rights. I'm a slave to them.

I walk away, forcing my feet to move. My knees are getting wobbly and about to give up, but I hold myself. I look over my shoulder and the Great Alpha is looking at me with hatred in his eyes and that makes me want to corner of the room and cry, or go back to my cell. Even though he's a bitch to me, I can't hate him. I don't know why I can't hate him.

Maybe it's the smile that he shows to everyone but not to me that keeps me not to hate him, or the fact that he's being always helpful to everybody but not to me. I don't have any reason to hate him, which I should have, considering that he has made my life a living hell. Tomorrow is his birthday, and tomorrow, he'll meet his mate. His mate will be perfect for him, I know that. Maybe the Great Alpha will show his very good and oh so innocent side only to her. His mate will be so lucky to have him. Me, I'll get to meet my mate when I turn 18, which is next year but if it happens that one of these humans are my mate, even though I'm not 18 yet, I'd feel the pull. But it would be so sad and dramatic if one of the humans here is my mate. I mean, they all hate me so goddamn much. My mate would probably reject me.

Turning around and walking faster, I decide that I should go into the woods, run wildly, Let my wolf Furion take over. Furion howls in excitement as I run into the woods, not really caring that everybody is watching me. Nobody has seen me in my wolf form, and I don't want to let them see me in my wolf form. Knowing my Pack, they'd probably make fun of me and my wolf and I'm just saving myself from humiliation. As soon as I rip off all my clothes, Furion takes over. My legs and arms have turned into wolf's legs. I've seen all their wolves, but not the Great Alpha and I bet it's wonderful. Furion has a light ash blonde fur, thick and fuffy. My wolf is different from theirs. Furion is much more fabulous than the others. Furion is not really big, but he can fight well.

"Thank you," Furion says inside my head and I just curl up, feeling him run. "This will make us feel better,"

Furion keeps running and running, not stopping once and when we reach our destination, Furion lets me switch. In front of me is a lake that nobody has ever seen or discovered before, only me and this is one of my sanctuaries beside the cell. The water is so clear you can see the bottom of the lake. I jump into the water naked, and when my skin makes contact with the water, I hiss because of the coldness but the water immediately calms me down.

"Are you enjoying, Furion?" I ask him as I wail into the water, splashing the water everywhere. This is the only time I get to be a kid, to experience what fun really means, what freedom really means. This time, no one will judge me or beat me to death. I will be my own self and I'll deal with my pack later on.

"Yes, Kieran. I'm enjoying here. Always." Furion says calmly and I feel lightweight. I feel like I don't have any problems at all. This lake has always an effect on me. If I were to choose a place to live, I'd defenitely choose here but sadly, my life belongs to my pack. Blue Star Pack owns my life. They own me but I do not. I'm weak and pathetic and I don't have anyone but Furion. Sometimes, I hate my life. No, not sometimes, I have always hated life. The would has been so unfair to me. "Don't think that you are weak and pathetic, Kieran Everyone has its own weakness. It just happens that loneliness has been our weakness. When we found our mate, everything will be okay. Everything will be perfect. Every wound will be a beatiful scar."

"Thanks for the powerful statement, Furion." I chuckle, shaking my head as I dive deeper into the water. Knowing Furion, he's probably rolling his eyes at me right now. "And from what I assume, everybody's weakness is loneliness. It just happens that no one's there to lift me up when I'm in worst situations. Which is always, mind you."

"I get that," Furion argues with me and whines, shaking his head in disapproval. "But we're weak because we let them know that we are. Sometimes, we have to stand up using our own legs. And I know what you're thinking right now, that if you ever stood up, you'd only get beaten again to death. But so what? At least you've stood up for yourself and that's what matters. It may look like it's not worth it, but it's called saving yourself. Not physically. But your soul, dignity, everything good about you."

"Sometimes, I hate you, Furion." I state to him, rolling my eyes. "The fact that you're a wolf and smarter than me, I sometimes hate you. And it's on right now. I hate you right now." I huff and dive again deeper into the lake. Furion rolls his eyes at me. "Shall we go back?" Furion nods.

"Yeah, we have a lot to do. The Great Alpha, it's his birthday tomorrow." He states and I nod in agreement. "I wonder who is his mate."

"Furion, you're the first nosy wolf I've ever met."

"Yeah, yeah." He says, dismissing the conversation and that's my go signal to get out of the lake and let him take over again. When I jump, that's when Furion takes over and starts running towards our Pack House.

******

That's Kieran on the picture ♥