Chapter 49: Battling Rogues

Chapter 49
Battling Rogues

Cloud Alistair Lylson

Being a bit light-headed, Kieran has brought out the best in me. Who would have thought that the once cruel Great Alpha who bullied a lot of people would be wrapped in his little mate's finger? Seriously, I'm so whipped. Just thinking of Kieran and how delectable he is, how delicious he is, how beautiful his smile is, how perfect he is would make such a great impact on me? He has a huge effect on me without him trying too hard. In fact, he never really tries hard and it just comes off as smoothly as ever. The distance between us, as I look into my office window, papers scattered all over the table, it's killing me. There he is, chatting with the other two Luna and Kieran is beaming with them. His smile is so beautiful that it just makes my heart stop. Isaiah whines, wanting to get over there and just take Kieran right there and then. Blame Isaiah, my wolf, for making me imagine such things!

As the sassy wolf he is, Isaiah huffs but continues to whine, telling me to go over there and just kiss our mate, senseless. I'd love to do that, to just hold his hand with mine, and to bury his face in the crook of my neck. I love the feeling of those. I love the feeling of his lips against mine. I love the feeling of his lips against my jaw. I love how he smiles at me, and how he pouts at me, and how he imagines things with me. He's so cute and adorable that it makes me crazy. Not just me but Isaiah as well. I'd love to go there and just be with him, but these papers need to be done as soon as possible. They are just a bunch of papers about properties and all, agreements and such, but I still need to review it before I sign those.

"Please, Cloud. Just go there, just for a minute, let's just hold him," Isaiah whines, clawing as he gives me a puppy eyes. I sigh, shaking my head as I begin to read the papers in front of me. Deciding that I should put them in a stack first so I wouldn't get lost in the future, Isaiah even bugs me further. "Please, Cloud. Please, please, please, please! I promise I'm not going to bug you until you finish the Alpha duties, but please, we just need to be near Kieran and Furion. I'm going to die from missing them, I swear!" Isaiah says dramatically, sighing loudly and I roll my eyes at his childishness. Though he's an Alpha, he still acts like a child.

Ever since I have been aware that I have a wolf, Isaiah and I have been bickering for little things. From how the person walks up to the point how weird the eyes is. Can you believe that? Isaiah is just as horrible as me, and I wonder how it made Kieran decide to forgive us. Isaiah whimpers, probably seeing the image that has flashed inside my head and I look down in shame. Apparently, I still haven't moved on from messing with Kieran's life, though he already has. Kieran is just a naturally good, that's why perhaps he forgave me. But I'm not going to do the same mistakes again. Hell, I have already learned from it.

There's a loud screaming outside and it wakes up my Alpha instinct, standing up immediately. I have knocked the papers that I just calmly and patiently stacked, but now, they are just scattered everywhere, not only on the table but on the ground as well. I mutter under my breath, cursing myself for being clumsy. Isaiah growls inside me, sensing a great danger and I smell and my eyes widen. Rogues. 

Dashing outside quickly, my eyes frantically search for Kieran's figure, hoping I would find him as soon as possible, but no, I can't find him on my line of sight. The warriors are already shifting, their clothes strewn around everywhere as they let go of their wolves and hunt the Rogues. My palms are getting clammy as my heart races. I have been standing here for a few minutes, not moving or so.

Finally, I see him running towards my direction and I meet him halfway. As soon as he's within reach, I give him a kiss on the lips, hugging him tight. Then I let go of him, inspecting if he has a bruised or if he got hurt. Nothing, though.