Chapter 40: Return of the Wolf - Part 2

Chapter 40
Return of the Wolf - Part 2

We all gather around the place and I take a deep breath, preparing myself for the inevitable. Today, I'm going to try if my wolf Furion is here in this area. If he really is here, then I need to save him before darkness takes him from me. We don't know why the Demon Wolf wants him, or any of the Spirit Wolves for that matter. But as long as I get to keep my wolf then everything is going to be fine.

As part of his job, Brayden holds my hands and from not very far (seriously, he's just behind me), I can hear Cloud huffing in annoyance. He can't contain his jealousy. I'm not going to be surprised if his wolf Isaiah comes out and takes over Brayden and who knows what happens next. Still Brayden holds my hand, looking around the area as if someone is just going to spring out of the trees and kill us all.

I also think of that. I feel their are eyes watching us over a far distance, but I know that Diana is trying her best not to get into us.

"Okay, I'm going to use a lot of powers," Diana says as she looks at us over her shoulder, her hands swaying everywhere graciously as she casts magic throughout the wilderness. Her hands are glowing pink, small particles flowing and flying around her, following her hands. "Since we are in an open area, I may need a lot of powers to manipulate the intruders. I hope this will be quick task. I am not a full pledge pixie, so my power is only limited, but I am more than just a regular pixie. I'm going to manipulate them and hurt the intruders if needed."

Troy takes a step forward, scanning the area with hunting eyes. Eventually, it lands on mine and I see how he really wants to help me and all. Troy is really a good friend to me and somehow I failed him. But after this is done, I'm going to make up with him for everything that he has done for me.

"Let me help you with that, Diana." Troy says as he lifts his hand, glowing white as he stares at the wilderness. "I already feel them. Rogues. They are just around us, trying to get into us. But thanks to the magic of Diana. They are lost. Lars, do it quick. Find your wolf." I give him a nod and Troy begins to enchant words. The words that are coming out of his mouth seem holy. I have no idea what magic he is trying to cast, but from what I know, Troy is never a good guy when it comes to bad entities. "Paxillos Pluviam!" What that means, I don't know.

Nolan has changed. From a very beautiful man, he becomes a different creature but still, he's still handsome as hell. Before he transformed, his hair was brown and now, he has a long white hair that glistens. His brown complexion has become like a white pearl. The color of his eyes have become more brown when he's in his form whereas when he's in human form, his eyes aren't much brown. In fact, you could only see the color of his eyes when the sun shines on it but when in Magus form, even from afar, you could definitely make out the color of his eyes. A glowing red sword is in his hands and he looks deadly. His ears have become pointy, like an Elf (I wonder why there's no Elf? I think there is?).

Josiah shows us his own show. In fact, I expect him to have a wand (considering I have watched Harry Potter many times) but it turns out that he doesn't even need it. In fact, what he carries is different. Not a wand but a wooden staff. At the end of the staff is a glowing blue orb that, I think, wields magic. Nothing is much different with Josiah. What changed a bit is just his hair become a bit more brown than ever, adding a lot of good look on his already good looking face. You wouldn't know that this man is already 18 years old, but still, his facial features can deceive anyone. At first I thought he was only 15 or 16 years old, but he wasn't. He is of my age. In fact, 3 months older than me.

"Ready?" Brayden says as he takes a deep breath, his staff appearing on his right hand. I merely nod, showing a sign of discomfort and nervousness. Brayden smiles at me and gives me a nod. "We should start now. We don't want to keep your wolf waiting." I break out into a grin at his statement. I am sure as hell that Furion wants to see me too. I miss him so much.