Chapter 42: The Pull of Love

Chapter 42
The Pull of Love

When I get out of the room, the pain in my back has long faded ever since Cloud stayed with me for almost a day. We ate in the same room. He never wanted to leave the room because he wanted to see me fully healed. Though I have tried to tell that I would be perfectly fine, he insisted on staying with me. Plus, he told me that Isaiah would want to see his mate getting healed and he never trusted anyone. Isaiah wanted to see for himself that I would be fine. They are such a beautiful mate for me. Looking at my new family, as I go down, Cloud is waiting for me at the end of the stairs, offering his hand for me to take and when I reach the last step of the stairs, I take his hand slowly and our eyes meet.

Do you know the feeling when you just take a look at the person you love and then everything stops for awhile? Even though the wind is gushing past at you, the only thing you can feel is the beat of his heart for you and his eyes that are looking straight at you, watching your every move, watching everything about you and he thinks everything about you is beautiful. Do you know the feeling when you just take a look at the person you love, you suddenly can't think of anything but him? You see the good and bad qualities of him and yet you still love him. Do you know the feeling when you are looking at the person you love and it makes you think how did this person end up with you, knowing that you have a lot of flaws, that you have a lot of ghosts, but still he manages to stay? Do you know the feeling when you just want to hide behind your walls and let fear take over, but the person you love doesn't want that for you and instead, he keeps pushing you over and over, making the walls that you've built be destroyed and he makes you face the reality and he doesn't stop until you see that it's all worth it? All of that feeling, I feel it at the same time as I gaze into a pair of chocolate eyes, whose eyes belong to the person I love.

When our hands touch, skin to skin contact, it's like what everything thinks. There are sparks, sparking from the connected hands until it reaches your heart and that's when the fireworks go off, exploding all at the same time, leaving you panting and amazed. His hand covers mine and I feel like living to the fullest. They say, according to Science, that the heart is a size of a fist. Cloud is holding my hand in a fist, and I am letting him, just like I'm letting my heart to be taken care of. I descend until my forehead is in front of Cloud's lips and my eyes are trained on his chest. Cloud, adoringly and lovingly, plants a kiss on my forehead, and his lips just stay there on my forehead for a couple of seconds until he lets go. Cloud gives me a beautiful and breathtaking smile, the smile that lets you know that you deserve it, that I'm worth of his smile.

"You're perfect," he mumbles against my ear as he hugs me, resting his chin on my shoulder as his arms wrap around me protectively. I melt into his arms, feeling contented at this moment. Cloud has probably brought out something amazing inside me. I hug him back, rubbing his back and feeling his strong back against my fingertips. "I have never been more excited in my life. I want you to be my Luna. I will introduce you to everyone and I want them to know that the Great Alpha is going to get married to his mate. That is, if you want."

Marriage is a sacred ritual for werewolves. I think marriage is a sacred event for everyone, even for humans. Marriage is sealing a love of a two person for each other. For humans, marriage is being bound to a person you love and spending your whole life with him or her. I can't help but think of the Good Goddess. Somehow, somewhat, I think that before I was born into this world, my fate has already been carved, and I know that I was already married with my mate. I stare into my mate's eyes and see the love and adoration he has for me. I can practically see his soul through the chocolate eyes he has and that makes me feel even more special. Before I only knew him as the Great Alpha who hated me, who wanted me away, but he's much more than that. He learned to learn from his mistakes. He admitted that he had done mistakes in his life, dumb decisions that he made, and he learned from it, which made him a better person.

Now here he is, my mate who I'm destined to be with forever, asking permission if I want to be his Luna. My heart beats faster, getting bigger as the clock ticks by. I feel loved by him, though he hasn't even said the 'L' word yet, I know that he already is in love with me. I don't care if he doesn't say it. As long as I can feel his love for me, I am not going to complain.

"That is, what I want," I reply to him after a long time. Cloud lets out a breath that I just realize he has been holding and he chuckles, putting a palm where his heart lies. I laugh lightly, putting my forehead against his chest, taking a deep breath. We just stay there for awhile. "I have been waiting for that. I can't wait for it."

"We'd make a good team," he says, planting another kiss on my forehead. "The Great Alpha and The Great Luna."

"I'd love that," I admit to him, planting kisses after kisses across his jaw and he laughs, pushing me slightly away and I pout at him. He shakes his head at me with a playful smile lingering on his lips. He grabs my hands and together we walk outside, hand in hand.

As soon as we get out, the sun is soaring hot in the sky, the grass are now trimmed and flowers are blooming everywhere. The kids stop playing to stare at us and some of them wave. I wave back, smiling and all of the kids giggle. People stop what they are doing and everyone has a smile plastered across their faces. Cloud lifts my hand up and kisses the back of it, staring at me as he does so. I laugh, pushing him lightly. Cloud being romantic is the cutest. When we get into the center, Cloud takes both of my hands and he twirls me and I laugh. The kids stop playing again to stare at us and they crowd around us, watching us with twinkling eyes.

Cloud twirls me again, but this time, not the 360 degrees. He pushes me into him so my back rests against his chest. He wraps an arm around me and my hand rests on the top of his hand. I shut my eyes as his other hand takes a hold of mine and together, we dance softly, the soft blow of the wind as our song. The kids begin to run into us, one kid taking a hold of my hand and I laugh. The parents begin to run into as, thinking that their kids have ruined our moment but I just raise my arm up, telling them that it's totally okay. I grab the kid's hands and twirl her, and she goes off laughing, showing the world her beautiful smile. Cloud grabs one of the kid's little hands and all of us dance. The people of the pack start to gather around us and our pack radiates happiness.

My eyes scan the area, each werewolf has a happy expression plastered on each face. Marcus is leaning his back on the big tree, and when his eyes meet mine, he gives me a small smile and an approving thumbs up and I grin at him. The next person I see is no other than Perry Dames. He's looking at Cloud and I with so much sadness in his eyes. I hope that everything gets better between my brother and Perry. From what I've seen, Perry has really changed and he deserves a chance. I think he would be best for my brother. Plus, the Good Goddess doesn't make mistakes. My brother has long been assigned to Perry. Before he was born, his fate has already been carved, just like mine. Their time will come, sooner or later. Perry just needs to hold on and wait. And as for my brother, he just needs to stay strong and have faith.

Cloud tugs my hand and I look at him. He leans down on me and his lips come crashing down against mine, and I moan out loud against his lips. My arms instantly fly around his neck, pushing him down on me, deepening the kiss.

"I love you, my mate," says Cloud breathlessly, staring with love at me.

"I love you, too, my mate."