Chapter 37: Spirit Realm

Chapter 37
Spirit Realm

As soon as Bray speaks out his magic, everything around me becomes pitch black. My hands are flying in every direction as I fall endlessly into the darkness. I can't see and make out of anything. All I know is that I'm falling and I do no have any idea when I will hit the ground. I brace myself as I fall, expecting that when I crash on the ground, I would surely have a broken bones and bony and I might die. It's not a good thought to imagine, but that's all I can think of.

The world in my eyes slowly becomes colored, and as the clock goes by, the sky becomes redder and redder. I close my eyes tight, expecting to feel the pain when I land on the concrete floor, but the impact does not hurt me. In fact, when I open my eyes, I'm standing on the ground, with my legs still strong. I frantically scan myself, checking to see if there's any damaged down, but none. I am perfectly fine without no trace of bleeding or broken bones or such.

On my left side, the fog is eating up the whole place, devouring it slowly as I watch it. It gives me chill. I note to myself that I should not wander there as this place could be dangerous. Very dangerous for all I know.

Bray said that we were going to find my wolf Furion, but so far, I can't see anywhere. It's like he completely disappeared when he spoke out the words and I was left alone. What if I'm really alone in this world? How could I go back to my world? How could I find my wolf Furion? Bray said he was going to help me.

"Don't worry, Kieran. I'm still here." Bray's voice echoes around the world, and I look anywhere to find me but can't see him totally. My heart races faster, frantically wanting to see him. I don't want to be alone in this world. I want Cloud here with me, but I know that he's just around me to protect me, so I could complete my mission. But still, that's not enough to make me get a hold of myself. I think sooner or later, I am bound to piss in my pants. I wrap my arms around myself, warming up myself as this place is blowing very cold winds. "I'm here with you. You may not see me, but I'm looking at you right now. Be strong, Kieran. You're on the Spirit Realm. It looks like the opposite of the world you were in earlier, but this time, instead of people and werewolves roaming the area, it's the spirits. Don't be afraid, Kieran. Do not be."

I force myself to move forward as I nod on the sky. I should be okay. My friends are here to protect me. I should do this, not only for myself and for Furion, but for the worlds that are in danger right now.

When I broke the Forbidden Law, it's like everything has been unleashed from the darkness. Could it be everything was planned? Ever since the beginning? Queen Magea of the Magus has told us that they couldn't enter to the Zodiac City for, like, centuries already, and it just so happened that we needed their help much. She said that all of the worlds are having difficulties right now, it's just that Zodiac City has become the main target and now they can't help us since we can't get a hold of them, even the Queens. Something is blocking them from entering the world of Zodiac City. Zodiac City has become my own term of Atlantis; a world that had just disappeared from an unknown reason. Now my world will be the next Atlantis but we're going to stop them from making it so. We're not going to allow this.

When I look into my right side, there's a river. Instead of water flowing, it is blood. I cringe at the sight and immediately look away, and when I do, I see the world has changed. This is the exact replica of the Great Room. The world has become bloody and empty. I turn around and see the door slightly ajar and I slowly walk over there, being cautious and all. The last thing I want to happen is for the spirits to take notice of me when I'm in their world. I peak my head outside through the door, checking if there are spirits walking but so far I found nothing. So I pass through the door and slowly walk through the short hallway, checking to see the ajar door of each room. I take a look inside of one of the rooms but find nothing. I let out a sigh of nervousness and put my palm on my chest where my heart is beating erratically.

I walk until I reach the front door of the Great Room. When I touch the knob of the door, it's like I touched a hot iron and it makes me hiss. It's only cold. I touch the knob again and turn it slowly, opening the door with unease. When the door is wide open, a strong blow of the wind greets me and my heart stops for a while as I see them. They are Rogues, with blood eyes, looking straight at me, their deadly fangs are showing. They are sitting side by side, expecting me to fully come out of the Great Room. My eyes scan the area and above the sky, there are only a few of the Spirit Wolves roaming around. They look like a gas, with an almost transparent skin, but you can still see the color of their furs. There are only 3 Spirit Wolves that are roaming around the area.

Then the unexpected thing happens. As I watch the 3 Spirit Wolves from roaming around the sky, flying, looking like they are lost. A dark fog envelopes them, devouring them one by one as the Spirit Wolves try to get out and be freed but despite that, they can't. They can't fight it.

As the Spirit Wolves are being dragged, one of the Spirit Wolves scream, and I am able to hear what he said.

"Help me, Ean! Help me, Ean Thomas!" Then his voice dies out as the wolf is fully eaten by the dark fog. I scream louder than I did before.

"Ean Thomas!" I scream when my eyes snap open. When I look around the area, I'm back in my world. Cloud and Bray are looking at me with worried eyes. I run my fingers through my hair, messing it as I put my legs on my chest. Cloud leans down and gives me a tight hug, giving me a kiss on the temple and whispering that I'm going to be okay. "The spirit wolf. The Spirit Wolves. I've seen them be eaten by something... dark. I swear. I heard one of the Spirit Wolf. He was asking for help, to be saved, and I could see how they were dragged by the dark fog. It's horrible. I watched them in horror. The wolf, he was asking for a help, but I couldn't save him. It's like my feet were stuck on the ground and my heart was just beating faster. It's scary. He was speaking of a name. He was calling Ean. Ean Thomas. Cloud, do you know who Ean Thomas was?"

Cloud shakes his head, giving me a hopeless smile. "No, I do not know him. But I could look at the records or ask a few Elders to check if they know someone named Ean Thomas. If that wolf was screaming his name, Ean Thomas could have broken the Forbidden Law, considering you saw his wolf."

"If he did break the Forbidden Law, I wonder what made Ean Thomas decide to break it? And where is he right now? Is he still alive or not?" I ask Cloud even though I know that he doesn't have any answers to my questions. As expected, Cloud shakes his head and gives me a shrug.

Cloud wipes the sweat that is forming on my forehead and plants a kiss on it, longer than before and he helps me stand up. Bray is looking at me intently, studying me and he sighs.

"We'll continue this tomorrow," he says in defeat. "I heard the wolf as well. I could feel his pain and all. I couldn't do anything about it. I tried to use my power, to use a protection, but nothing happened. It didn't work. It's like something is blocking me from using my protection magic for spirits. Whoever it is that is doing this, he really is stronger. Perhaps even stronger than our Queen. Now that I've discovered this, I shall notify the Queen so they would know this."

I give him a nod and Cloud slings his arm over my shoulders and lead me outside. There was no attack, but Diana felt something in the wilderness. The Rogues were trying to reach us, but Cloud says that they couldn't fight the magic of Diana. Though it took Diana a lot of power to make the Rogues go away.

"Cloud, I have something to tell you. Something I have noticed when I was in the Spirit Realm." I tell Cloud as we walk outside. He gives me a nod, urging me to go on. "When I was in the Spirit Realm, the wolves, they were just in one place. They were just running around the same place. When they tried to fight the dark fog, they couldn't. They tried to run. They couldn't."

"Okay?" He says unsure, not getting my point.

"Cloud, there's a high chance that the persons who had broken the Forbidden Law, they did it in a place where they let go of their wolves. I have a feeling that they are jailed in the same location where the breaking of law happened. Which means..."

He stares at me with wide eyes. "Which means the place where you broke the Forbidden Law... Furion could be there."