Chapter 33: Life & Death

Chapter 33
Life & Death

The moon is set above the sky, across the sea of stars that are glimmering brightly. My eyes are set on them, my mind wandering somewhere else. This war that we'll be dealing, I know that this will be bloody. I don't know if I'm going to be prepared for it or not. The thought of dying is not really appealing right now, or it will never be appealing to me , considering that Cloud and I are heading to a good terms. I may sound selfish, but I want a future with him, and if I want that so badly, I need to find and save my wolf Furion.

From the distance, I can see the Fireflies lighting up the wilderness. I can also see the works of the pixies. They're like Tinkerbell, except they are a bit bigger, I think, than her. They are spreading. I assume, their dusts on the flower and when it lands, the bushes grow beautiful flowers. Some of the pixies are playing, chasing each other as they voice out their cute giggles that sounds melodic in my ears. I slowly shut my eyes, feeling the soft breeze of the wind, brushing past me as the pixies play. Slowly, I feel arms wrapped around me, and a chin rests against my shoulder and when I open my eyes, I see Cloud is looking at me with his beautiful eyes and a smile is gracing his lips, slowly, and it's the most beautiful smile in the world for me. Knowing that you're the reason why they're smiling, it feels good.

"I love your eyes," he says softly as he pierces his brown eyes with mine, his thumb massaging my tummy as he breaths. "They are beautiful. I can't believe I let those eyes cry. I promise I'll never do it again. These promises that I'm making, I'm not going to break them. I swear to the Good Goddess."

I smile, leaning my head down on his and sighing. "I trust you, Cloud." I say to him truthfully, looking at the moon. "I will always trust you, as long as the moon never stops rising in the night to give light to the world. You know, I was thinking, imagining, what my life would have been if I had just waited for you, if I never ran. These things wouldn't be happening. I keep telling myself that, but we don't have a choice to change what happened on the past."

"We'll be okay," Cloud assures me, giving me a kiss on the temple, and as soon as his lips touch my skin, I feel my heart basically exploded. Kiss on the temple is one of the best feelings ever, and I'm expecting there will be lots of it in the future. "Everything will be okay, we just need to wait. We just have to keep fighting for each other, for our world, for our people. I have a lots of plan for us."

"Yeah?" I say, leaning up to look at him. "What are those plans?"

"I imagine you walking side by side with me," he says, his eyes set outside. Cloud makes me sit on his lap as his arms tighten around me. He then takes a deep breath and exhales. "I imagine you walking side by side with me, moving until we head to the center. We would say our vows, our promises for each other, and we'll be doing the mating ritual, and we'll kiss. And then as the time goes by, we'll be husbands, we'll make a better future for our people.

"I imagine having lots of flowers around us, and you plucking them for you to smell, and you would say, 'This is really beautiful,' and I'd be like, 'Those flowers are for you,'. In the next years, we're going to have a pup, and then we'll decide to have more, and we'll call them our little wolfies. I imagine you playing with them, making a roar sounds. You would say to them, 'I'm going to eat you, wolfies. I'm a dinosaur who eats wolfies!' and our pups would run, and they would come to me, hiding at my back, and they would cling, put their paws on my feet, wanting to have attention so I could save them from the dinosaur who eats wolfies. And then we'll have another wedding."

"Do you think that's a lot?" I ask him, arching a brow at him. He chuckles and nods. I roll my eyes at him playfully, punching him on his chest. "I don't want to imagine those things. I want it to happen suddenly, without me expecting it. I want to be surprised every time by you. If we're planning to have pups, I think right now, I'm going to think of names, for girls and boys."

Cloud grabs my head, lifts it up, and kisses the back of it as he stares deep into my eyes. I see the way his eyes shine at me, and those eyes are full of hope and love for me. He may not say it to me, and I may not say it back to him, but I know at this moment that we love each other. I think even before, back in the past, I have been loving him. Maybe I was just too blind, and he was just too blind to realize that we needed each other. It took us a year for us to be together, for us to realize that we needed each other. Maybe it's a wake up call for us, maybe not. Now that we're together, we will be stronger to face every obstacles. Even the Demon Wolf cannot stop us. Unless we get killed, which we won't let to happen. People need us, and we're not going to let them down.

"Would it be okay if I sleep next to you?" Cloud asks me as he cups my face. I nod at him as an answer and he gives me a full grin, seeming very happy. "Thank you, Kieran. Thank you for giving me another chance. We should sleep. We need to go back to our world tomorrow."

+++

We do come back in our world, and once we do, we feel a dread in our hearts as we step into the pack land. When I pull out my phone, I see that I have a lot of texts from Dave and Mom. I got them so worried, and it's not good. I tell Marcus and Perry that I have to leave because my brother and Mom are sick worried, and they offer me a ride to home, but I decline. They have a lot of things to do, and I'm not going to add myself to their long to-do list. They both nod at me and scurry away from me, deciding to work on their scheduled jobs. As I'm about to turn on my heels, Cloud grabs my wrist and pulls me into him by my waist, the tip of my nose nearly touching his. I can feel his hot breath fanning my face, and he smiles widely and seductively, and he flutters his eyelashes at me. I laugh. He gives me a kiss on the lips and I feel myself smile widely at the action. Cheesy but who am I to complain?

I decide to get home. Good thing that Cloud has let me used his truck for me to get home as quickly as possible. Even though Cloud has made me feel good, my heart is still beating erratically from an unknown reason, and let me tell you, it's not the good heartbeat. I feel as though there has something happened.

My house comes into view, and my heartbeat races faster than ever.

There are a lot of police surrounding the house, and I see Dave crying his eyes out. Frantically, I pull on the side, remove the keys on the ignition, climb down the truck and run into the direction of Dave. When Dave sees me, he immediately stands up and runs into me, nearly knocking me on the ground as he hugs me tight. Dave's eyes are puffy and reddish, as if he has been crying for some quite time now. I try to see what's happening inside the house, but the police are blocking my view.

"What happened?" I ask my brother, who seems lost at the moment. Dave looks at me and cries harder this time. He rests his head against my chest.

Dave falls down on his knees and I kneel down with him, cupping his face and staring deeply into his eyes, wanting an answer to my question. He shakes his head and shuts his eyes hard. "Mom. Blood. House..... Mom. Fuck... wolves."

And that's all it takes to have myself running across the sea of police, in the direction of the house. They try to stop me, but I block every hand flying in my direction, trying to grab and stop me from entering but failing to do so. When I enter the house, the living room is such a mess and the floors have blood on it. I run to the kitchen, and that's when I see Mom lying on the ground, blood pooling around her and I drop dead to my knees, looking at the pale and lifeless body of my Mom. Her throat is slit open, clothes soaked in blood, and on her chest, where her heart was, was torn open and it seems like someone wrecked her chest to get the heart out.

I scream.