Chapter 3

I reach to grab a butter knife and ushered my younger siblings behind me as the ground starts to shake, like heavy footsteps beating the earth.

I started backing Sahara and Rain up to the tree line that would lead us back to the village...when I saw him.

Just like the stories, he was tall, easily topping twelve feet, his suit was prime and straight, without a single wrinkle on it like it was ironed everyday.

His skin was white, like ceramic, so deathly pale... But what made my own skin crawl was his face, or lack there of... And then I saw the multiple tendrils.

"Guy," I whispered loud enough for Rain and Sahara to hear. "I want you to run, run as fast as you can, and don't stop until you've gotten back to the village, you hear me?"

"But-" Rain started,

"No buts, go...NOW!" I screamed as I ran at the tall being, my pathetic excuse of a weapon positioned to stab.

I knew the chances of me making it out of this alive were close to zero. But I had to at least mime (or at least stall) the creature in front of me enough so that my siblings could make it to safety.

I sighed with relief as I heard the bushes behind me move, and I knew automatically that my younger siblings had obeyed me.

My other half and Rain now safe, I focused on the being who hadn't moved in front of me.

(Cause you know, Sarah is still running...that's a long ass run...)

I felt something slam into my side when I was three feet from the famous CreepyPasta, and the next moment I was slammed up against a tree, my breath being forced from my lungs.

The beautiful thing about adrenaline though, is that I barely felt the blow. I wobbled back to my standing position and threw my knife at the being that'd took a step forward in my brother and sister's direction.

The said knife lodged into the tree right in front of him.

(Can butter knives do that?)

His expressionless face turned towards me, and between one breath and the next, his tendrils pinned my flayling arms and legs, effectively pinning me against the tree as he brought his face close to mine...and I'd imagine, if he had eyes, they'd be boring into my own blood-lusting ones.

No one was going to hurt my siblings...

He tilted his head as if observing me, before there was a click in my head and a voice carrying a thousand screams echoed in my mind. "You're not quite ripe yet." The voice split through my skull, causing my head to thrown back, my body to tense and my eyes grow wide. "But you will be soon, I can see it." He hissed slowly as my body sagged and my contesnous began to fade. "You carry potential within you, it'd be a shame if you were picked before you were ripe."

With that last unnerving sentence, his tendrils unwrap from me, and I sprawl across the ground, desperate to catch my breath as everything around me begins to dim.

"You're keeping her alive,master?" A voice carries from the right of me and this inhuman creature in front of me.

"For now, she carries potential," That voice says as smoothly as a knife sliding between your ribs. "I'd be quite a waste if she were killed before she had a chance at blooming."

I whimper, and using the rest of my energy, I'd curl up into a ball on the ground.

"Stay here and watch her, I don't want that troublesome killer doing away with her before her time, if my instincts are correct, it could be any day now." And with that, his presence all together fades away.

"Yes master." Come two voices, or at least I believe it's two...

All of this is too weird...isn't it, Sahara?

Everything goes black.

~Sahara's POV~

What was that?!

What the hell was that thing?!

My hand was gripping Rain's as the forest blurred past is. If the situation wasn't so terrifying, I would've been impressed by our speed. But for now, we obeyed my other half, and we ran.

We were nearing the forests edge,

We could so much as see the lights from the village, and they've never looked so beautiful, a smile stretched its way across my face.

Almost, almost...no, NO!

My smile fell away as I felt my eyes grow wide with fear as a familiar silhouette appeared in front of the village lights...

We halted as I pushed Rain behind me, a vicious protectiveness welling up inside me.

He will not hurt Rain,

He will not touch him...

I refused to let him,

I glare at the tall being, hoping he'd get the hint from my eyes and stay away...I'm not a fighter like Sarah...

Oh my god!

Sarah!

"What did you do to her?!" I shouted at the creature, my rage stealing my rationality. "Where is my sister?!"

He tilts his head at me, and then a tendril lashes out, slamming me and Rain against the trees.

Rain's head rolls back as he passes out, leaving me alone with this creature.

As the being stalks over to me, I push Rain's uncontious body behind mine.

He won't get hurt,

I won't let him,

I reach for a good sized branch next to me, only to have it quickly destroyed by the being now looming over me.

I continue to glare at him, struggling with what little strength I have as his tendrils coil themselves around me, rendering me motionless.

The faceless creature brings his head closer to mine as he observes me, then a voice so full of terror and maliciousness rips through my mind.

"You truly are identical." The voice drawls, sounding deeply pleased, "though you're a little more green then the other one, I suppose I can't be helped."

My body grows limp as the tendrils untwist themselves from my body, everything begins to grow dim as the being stands back to his impressive height.

"Your times will come." The creature growled certainly, "and when they do, I'll be there to take you in."

He bends down and, as everything fades to black, he gently brushes my hair from my face...