Chapter 6

* * *
Time Skip (3 days before the incident.) 
* * *

*Sarah's POV*

"Ok, spit it out." I say in a no nonsense tone as soon as we laid lounging in our field.

"I keep telling you. Nothing happened, it was just an electrical overcharge!" Rain scowled as he bit into his sandwich angrily.

"I've been by your side since the day you were born. You may be able to trick mom and dad, but not me." I crossed my arms. "Don't make me tag team you with Sahara." My sister may have let it go, but one word from me, and she'll be back in the game.

"Don't drag Sahara into this, Sarah." Rain growled, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

My little brother has always stood his ground, but this is the first time he's pushed back.

I smirk. "Good boy." I say impressed, before laying my head in his lap.

He scowls but still runs his fingers through my hair, forever the younger brother.

"Will it end up hurting us?" I ask after a few minutes.

"Probably, but that has nothing to do with me keeping a secret. It will or will not happen regardless of what I know." Rain sighed, bumping his forehead against mine.

I sigh and roll on my side. "Ok, you're no green boy when it comes to life. I’ll trust your judgement."

"Trust his judgment in what?" Sahara asked as she stepped through the brush.

"His judgment about his secret." I say good humordly

"Oh?" Sahara asks, a smile appearing on her face.

"Yeah, we were talking while you were doing your "business"." Rain says in a joking tone, raising his hand to do quotation gestures.

"Little brat." Sahara growls before giving a small smile.

Coming over to the blue and gray blanket we laid out. Sahara grabs some grapes and begins to eat.

"It's almost surreal we're back out here." Sahara speaks up a few seconds later. "You'd think we'd rather just stay home."

"Sorry, but I'd pick this field with all its demons than that town any day." I snapped at no one in particular.

"Same, I don't like those looks following me." Rain spoke up, maneuvering so he was laying down with my head on his stomach. "Not to mention the wild flowers are finally in bloom."

Laughing silently, Sahara came over and rested her head on my stomach. "Do you think he will come after us again?" She asks, worried.

"Who knows...for all we know he could be watching right now." I say, not joking in the least.

"Wouldn't we feel the air get colder like last time then?" Rain points out, causing me to think.

"I think," I say after a few, "that if he didn't want us to know he was here, he has ways of hiding his presence."

We all go silent as we think, but not one of us mentions going back to the town.

I could've sworn I heard laughing in the distance, but I couldn't picture that creature laughing. And I know none of the villagers are out here. So I filed it as paranoia and pushed it to the back of my mind.

Rain's phone binged, causing all of us to jump.

He pulled it out of his back pocket, read the text, started grinning, and growled "You bastard." Before typing back a seemingly hot-tempered reply with a fierce leer.

I laugh, "Who is it?" Curiosity vibrating on my skin.

"My secret." He grinned at me good naturedly.

I laugh with amusement. "I will make you tell me eventually."

"I except your challenges!" Rain said triumphantly, then his phone binged again.....

*Rain's POV*

BEN: Even the games on your phone and computer suck ass. You disappoint me.

Rain: Not everyone can be a cyber surfer, Link. Just because you're as pale as a ghost doesn't mean I'm turning in my tan.

BEN: You shouldn't have done that, Asswipe.

Rain: No, that's exactly what I should've done, Dickwad. Get some vitamin c! It's good for you.

BEN: You're a smartass you know that?

Rain: Talk about the pot calling the kettle back.

BEN: You shouldn't stay out in the woods for long today, it's Jeff's night. He has orders to stay away from you guys, but he doesn't follow orders too well.

Rain: I got you, I'll get my sisters to pack in 20.

BEN: Sounds good. I got to go, you're boring me to death.

Rain: My heart bleeds. Though it is impressive to kill a glitch.

BEN: Asswipe.

Rain: Dickwad.

I put my phone back in my pocket and put my arms behind my head. I can't stop laughing quietly, I made a friend, and it wasn't a member of my family.

So what if he's technically not real as far as the rest of the world is concerned.

We've been going back and forth via text for a few days now, he's cool. We're learning boundaries we can and can't push. It's funny, he performs Dickwad over Link.

He knows my past, (for some odd reason) but he refuses to tell me his, all I know is that he's been drowned (hence his last name) and he can infiltrate any game.

I sigh and glance at my phone again.

17 minutes have past, it's time to go.

"Hey girls," I say quietly. "Is it okay if we leave know? I want to get back to the village before it gets dark."

"Awe," Sarah croons, her face pulled in a mocking pout. "Is wittle Wain afraid of the big, bad Slender?"

I growl and she laughs and lunges to tackle me....only to get chocked as Sahara pulls on the hood of her hoodie.

"What the hell, Sahara!" Sarah convulses into a hacking fit that last a few good minutes. Even with me smacking her back nine to gently.

"Rain does have a point, dear sister." Sahara said after her scoffing subsided.

"Thank you, Sahara." I say smugly.

"Don't you start brown-nosing." Sahara snapped, laughter in her eyes. "Sarah, I don't favor another run-in with either that creature or any other being that may be in these woods.
"And while I'm sure the Slenderman would be happy and gentlemanly over a cup of tea, we can't say the same for everything else that may be in here." Sahara said as she finished packing the picnic box.

"Ok, I hear you, dear sister." Sarah says after a few minutes, and begins to fold the blanket.

I take the basket from Sahara and together, we make our way out of our field.

Just as we reached the edge of the tree line, a raspy voice carries on the wind to us.

I couldn't make out what the raspy voice said, but I turned just quickly enough to see a white hoodie and either black or very dark blue jeans disappear behind a tree on the other side of the clearing.

OOOhhhh....shit...

I know who that was.

"Yeah, let's hurry and get out of here." I gently urge as we all picked up our pace.

To be continued.

--------------

Hey my dear readers, sorry for the late updates, don't worry, it will be finished.

Please enjoy my sinners. ;)