Chapter 4

~The next morning~

"Sahara! Sahara!" A desperate voice pleaded, forcing her to rise from the pits of sleep.

"Sahara please, please wake up, you have to wake up." That voice...Rain? Why is he up?

More importantly, why is he waking me up?

My head hurts, so does my throat.

"Sahara, please."

No, not yet, I need to sleep, I groan.

I can't wake up yet, go bother Sarah...

...

...Oh My God!, Sarah!

I bolt into a sitting position as last night's events re-run through my head. The field, the conversations, the darkness, the fear, and him...

I struggle to catch my breath as I begin to hyperventilate, I'm home, I'm safe, I'm in my bed...how?

I jerk my head towards Rain and grip his shoulders, "Are you okay!?"

"Yes, yes, I'm fine! You were the one that wouldn't wake up!"

"How'd we get back?" I started whispering, not wanting to wake our parents.

"I don't know!" Rain whisper yelled, "I just woke up in your bed with a slight nose bleed."

"Is Sarah back?" I ask quickly, scared of the answer, so many questions formulating in my mind.

"Yeah, she's in my bed, we're in yours."

I slump back against the pillow in relief, my hand still clenching his shirt, afraid to let go. "Shit...Shit." I breath, throwing my other arm over my eyes as I catch my breath.

We're home, we're safe, we're home , we're safe...

I repeated that line multiple times before I calm down enough to shakily get to my feet.

Walking quietly to Rain's bedroom, (I'm only slightly aware of Rain tagging along behind me.) I open the door as quietly as possible and glance in.

I see my other half curled up under the covers, her body relaxed with sleep other than a slight furrow in her brow.

I released a breath I didn't realize I've been holding as I stumble over to Sarah's side and curl up next to her. The heat of my other half seeping into my skin as I begin to relax, her presence soothing me much more then words ever could.

I feel the bed dip as Rain strategically weaves his way inbetween Sarah and I. I let out a quiet laugh, and Sarah instinctively turns around so her back is now facing the door, both of us facing Rain, encasing him, protecting him.

Rain sighs in content as he gives into the wings of sleep , and I'm not far behind.

It'd be so easy to believe last night was just a bad dream.

* * *
Meanwhile
* * *

"Please, honorable elder, please tell me you're joking." Father struggled to say as his partners face grew pale, her expressive eyes tearing.

Elder Marissa gave a dark chuckle. "No, we elders don't Kidd. We will happily marry you two children, but your union will not be acknowledged by God if your sins are not dealt with."

Elder Simon nodded nodded in agreement. "Untill the dirty fruits you've produced are cleansed and taken care of, their sins are yours as well. We can't our purity by marrying two tainted people."

"But, you're talking about our children!" Mother cried out as she seemed to crumble in on herself. "Sinful or not, they're still my babies, my precious babies." She hid her face in her hands, and lost her stability in her legs and collapsed into the chair behind her.

Elder Gurtrid rose from her seat and walked over to the crest fallen woman, enveloping her in a tight hug. "Oh honey, we know, we know. You're a mother, a gentle and kind one at that. You remind me of my mother, she lived me and my brother without judgement or hibition. She loved us no matter what we did. And she would've loved us no matter who we became. It didn't matter to her what we were, just like you."

Elder Gurtrid pulled back and took the young mother's face in her hands, forcing eye contact. "But the longer you allow them to continue on this earth, the harsher a punishment they'll face in the after life. You don't want them to be denied eternal paradise, do you?"

"No!" Exclaimed the mother, tears falling down her cheeks. "No, I would do anything for my babies, that's why we moved here, to finally join together in union, and make sure our children were around a good, holy influence."

Elder Gurtrid smiled, "Then do what's best for those lost souls and purify them, I know you must be torn because of your motherly I instinct, but once they are purified and r we sting in eternal peace, the sins will be lifted off of your back, and you'll feel much better."

"Besides," Elder George spoke up. "You children are young yet, you could have more fruits under your union when you're joined in holy matrimony."

The silence strung out for a good minute before the father went to the mother, and wrapped his arms around her comfortingly. "Please, we would be grateful if you gave us time to think about what you've said."

"Of course," Elder Simon said, "Take as long as you need."

"But remember," Elder Marissa said, "The longer you wait, the less chance of getting into paradise your children will have."

"Yes, honorable elders, we understand." They replied solemnly, as they bow their heads at the Elders and left with dark thoughts playing through their mind.

To be continued.....