Chapter 5

* * *
Time Skip (to a few hours: Rain's POV)
* * *

I rub my temples again in an attempt to ease the migraine that had appeared randomly after breakfast.

My sister's were experiencing random symptoms as well.

Sarah convulsed into a hacking coffee and threw up some blood, Sahara got a bad nose bleed.

The blood was ended up freaking Ma and my old man out, so they forced them into the car and drive to see the village doctor, effectively leaving me alone.

Don't get me wrong, I love my big sisters, but I need some room to breath every now and again, ya know?

With a groan, i swing my legs off the couch to my feet, and swayingly make my way to the medical....medicine cabinet. Whatever.

I grab two ibuprofen and swallow them quickly before throwing water in my face.

That feels nice.

I leave the water running and stick my hand under the faucet to let the near freezing water ease my headache as the pills take affect.

I sigh as I turn the faucet off and use a nearby towel to quickly dry my hair.

I head back to the living room and sprawl on the couch and turn on the TV.

Sweet, Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters.

Not a great show, but as good as I'm gonna get out here, cause I'm not watching little Einsteins.

I don't get my sisters fascination with that baby show, but whatever, they're girls.

I learned at a young age not to question their motives, it usually ends with snippy comments and their panties in a twist.

I yawned and raked my fingers through my hair.

What a boring day...

Suddenly, the TV started to flicker, a static sounds filling the room.

Frowning, I Middlesbrough three other channels only to find them in the same condition.

I groaned loudly and threw the remote at the TV.

The TV didn't shatter, but it did leave a decent size crack through the center.

I growled throatily as I snuggled more into the couch. Dressed only in sweat pants, the cool couch felt good on my back and neck.

I sighed and glanced at the TV.....

I'm gonna get scolded for that....

Screw it, my head hurts too much to care.

Maybe I can get a few minutes of shut eye before my folks get home...why won't this migraine go away?

I sigh and roll over...

Then I hear and electrical crackle.

I look at the TV to see that it had turned back on by itself. I gave it, what I could guess was, a confused look. I turned so I was facing the TV and watched it with narrowed eyes.

I moved my hand in a way so if anyone was looking, it'd seem like I was stretching, even as my hand curled around the hilt of a hunting knife Sarah gave me for my thirteenth birthday.

I expected a zombie face to pop up like those pranks I've seen on YouTube. But I wasn't prepared for a hand to go through the screen,, and a boy dressed like.....is that link?...to crawl out of my TV.

His blind hair flipped aside to reveal two red eyes, with blood crying down his face. He started to grin as he saw me lounging on the couch, but froze and threw me a nasty glare when he saw my bored expression.