Chapter 4- Where There Is Trouble, There Is Andy

Maya's POV.

Her skin felt soft against mine. The wind blew her gorgeous blonde hair over her eye and I gently moved the strand back. I gazed into her midnight blue eyes and just smiled. This moment couldn't be any more perfect. This moment of just sitting with her in the grass, face to face, staring at her, just taking in how lucky I was. I'm so lucky.

"God, you're so beautiful," I whispered. Her cheeks became rosier than before and her grin deepened.

"You're drunk Maya," she laughed lightly. And it was true, I was.

"But that doesn't change the fact that you're still beautiful." I retorted. I wanted her. I wanted this more than I wanted anything. And right now was the perfect moment to make that happen.

"Andy.." I started, "I know we only known each other for a while. But I've so much fun with you these past few weeks. And I don't want it to stop-"

"It won't stop if you don't want it to," she smirked and pressed her soft lips against mine. When she pulled away I almost forgot what I was talking about. I was getting distracted and I had to say this.

"What I'm trying to say is that we've been hanging out non stop lately. And every time I have such an amazing time with you. And I want to take it further. I really like you Andy and-"

"Maya."
"I know you said you don't do relationships but if you give me a chance-"
"Maya."
"I promise I wouldn't hurt you-"
"Maya!" She shouted. My head snapped up to see her expression changed. She was no longer smiling and her eyebrows were pulled tight together.

"I-I'm sorry.. I got carried away." I said quietly.
"Don't be sorry." She said shaking her head, "Just.. stop talking."
"But Andy.. I don't understand what's wrong with being with me.."
"There's nothing wrong with being with you." She said in a serious tone, "It's just not what I want. It's not what's good.. for both of us."
"But I thought.. I thought you.. felt the same way.. I thought you liked me too?" The alcohol was making every taunting word drag out of my mouth slowly.
"I do," she whispered to me in her goddamn soft voice.
"Then why don't you want to be with me?" I didn't realize a tear rolling down my cheek till she brushed it from my skin.
"I'm sorry Maya.." she kissed me again and again and again. Her words felt stale and empty but I pretended she really meant it. Because I don't think I needed another reason to cry. She kept kissing me until the tears dried. But I didn't forget the sadness I felt that came with those kisses. The sadness that came with loving Andy Black.

"Maya.." My name being called brought me back to reality. The world snapped in front of me again. I was standing outside the club, waiting for Andy to show up. My brother waved his hand in front of my face again and I shoved it away.

"Can you stop dreaming about Andy and come inside already?" He teased, "The band is setting up and we're gonna start pretty soon." I looked back into his hazel green eyes. He had our dad's eyes. At least I think they were my dad's. He ran his hand through his bundle of curls sitting on top of his head.

"I'm waiting for her out here," I replied, "go inside and I'll be there in a bit."

"Man I can't believe she still has you wrapped around her finger," He laughed and I pushed him playfully. Right then a familiar red truck pulled up in front of us and I grinned. A beautiful blonde girl stepped out of the car and flashed me that smile of hers. Yeah, I was hooked since the day I met her.

"Woah, she actually came," Wesley chuckled loudly. Andy ran up and immediately put Wesley in a playful choke hold as they laughed together. I stiffled out a laugh of my own as I watched them fake wrestle. My eyes drifted to a brunette girl that also stepped out of Andy's car. An immediate uncomfortable twinge started to spread through my stomach.

"Who's that?" I asked quietly to Andy as soon as her and Wesley stopped goofing off. She looked up and her smile widened at the girl. It felt like a slap to the face.

"Come on Charlie," Andy said waving her hand over, "let me introduce you to some friends." Huh, friends. Yeah, don't think I could get used to that. Charlie walked over and greeted us both with a friendly smile. She extended her hand and I took it.

"You must be Maya," she said to my surprise and I nodded back, "I heard a lot about you. She told me you also like to paint. I'm a painter as well."

Suddenly the twinge of jealousy became a burst of delight. Andy was talking about me. She wasn't embarrassed of me after all. I nodded back and smiled from ear to ear.

"I'm Charlie," she grinned, "Andy's bestfriend." A wave of relief washed over me. Oh, thank God. "You should come by the art room after school. The teacher usually lets me stay after class to finish up whatever I'm working on. I would love to see you come in and paint with me."

"Definitely," I beamed. I definitely like her. I then looked to my brother beside me.

"This is my brother Wesley," I continued, "He's performing tonight."

They shook hands as Charlie's flickered between the two of us. "Yeah, you guys really are related." She laughed. Wesley and I were fraternal twins so I didn't feel too bad when I didn't get his excruciating charming looks with his green eyes and curly curly hair. I was stuck with the brown eyes and always slightly tanner but that's because Wesley was an inside person so he was paler than I was. Ironic for a person that never came home until two or three in the morning. It always pissed Georgia off but Wesley wouldn't listen to her if she said otherwise.

We all went inside and waited as Wesley set up. Suddenly a familiar blonde passed by us. Her icy blue eyed glare flashed right towards Andy. Her eyes then flickered to me and her glare turned to amusement. She laughed and walked away. What the hell was that? I stayed quiet as I overheard Andy snicker loudly.

"Of course Madison James would be here, the snobby little bitch," Andy rolled her eyes, "when wouldn't she be out spending her father's goddamn money."

"Okay tiger, chill out," Charlie chuckled, "We're here for Wesley, not to claw out Madison's eyes."

"One of these days Charlie," Andy promised, "I'm just gonna tear her perfect blonde hair right from her fucking scalp."

I knew Andy and Madison never liked each other for some odd reason she didn't tell me about, but I didn't like to see Andy upset. Especially over Madison James. She just wasn't worth getting all worked up over. I gently grabbed a hold of Andy's hand and her fidgeting stopped. She looked over at me with slightly widened eyes. I smiled at her in reassurance and she smiled back. She lazily chuckled as she pressed her forehead against mine. I took in her scent and the sound of her heavy breathing. "I'm sorry you had to see that," Andy apologized, "the girl just gets me so mad."

"What did she do?" I asked quietly. Andy shook her head slightly, "She just did something unforgivable, therefore I can't even look at her without wanting to punch her teeth in." I laughed, but inside I was a little worried. Andy never really cared for people who talked behind her back, so whatever Madison did or said, it must of really got to her.

Andy leaned in and kissed me right beside my lips. She knows that I hated such teasing but I didn't mind. It felt nice. I brought her hand to my lips and pressed them against her skin. She just stared at me in adoration as I did so. Whatever Andy said, I knew what we had was real. It felt as real as the softness of her touch. It was as real as anything I ever had in my life. In these moments, I forgot about everything Andy said about not wanting to be in a relationship and not wanting me to get my hopes up. I just enjoyed her presence.

The lights of the club turned down and the music began.

..

Shay Mitchell as Maya Gibson.