Chapter 9- Love Me Tonight

Maya's POV.

The sound of a knock on the door woke me. I squinted around me and noticed a figure outside on my balcony. I sat up within a second. The blonde hair blowing in the wind brought an immediate relief and excitement to me. Panic as well. Georgia made it clear last month that she didn't want Andy coming over anymore. She would be in no mood to discover that she's been sneaking into my room at night. I was up on my feet and to the window in a hurry.

"Hey baby," Andy grinned as soon as I opened the window door. Hearing her call me that brought an automatic warmth to my chest. But something was off. Something strong rolled off of her words and I cringed. Alcohol. Panic flooded my mind again. Forbidden to come and found drunk? Not something I want to find myself in.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered urgently as I helped her inside.
She frowned. "I wanted to come see you. Are you not happy to see me?"
I sighed, "Of course I am." I walked over and wrapped her in my arms. I closed my eyes and realized how much I've been missing her. The affect she had on me was almost insane but she held my heart in a firm grasp and I was completely okay with it. No matter the doubt that held my mind at a even firmer grasp.
"I'm sorry I was being mean to you that day," She almost whimpered. "Madison just really ticks me off."
I let go of her and cupped her face, "Hey, let's not talk about Madison alright? It's okay I forgive you."
"Good." She grinned. She leaned in and kissed me softly. On instinct, I slung my arms around her neck and kissed her back. But I could taste the alcohol on her tongue and something was tugging at the back of my mind. I pulled away.
"What's wrong?" She frowned.
"Why wouldn't you want this forever?" I asked, barely above a whisper. The moan she let out stung me.
"Maya, can we please not talk about this?" She slurred, "I'm really not in the mood."
"When are you ever."
"Don't go there. We've talked about this and-"
"Yeah, I know. You like what we have now."
"Exactly!" She said, "Why would you want to mess this up?"
I took a step away from her. "I don't want to mess this up Andy! That's it, I don't want to mess it up at all. I just want to make it official."
"Why put a label on it?"
"It's not a label. It's commitment. The time and effort-"
"You're asking for too much."
I paused. "No, I'm really not."
She took me hands in hers. "Why aren't you happy with now? Why do you always worry about the future? We don't know what's going to happen in the future."
"Then what's the point in seeing each other if we're not thinking about each other's futures."
She let out a frustrated sigh. "Because we enjoy the time we have now. We shouldn't spoil it by worring about all that nonsense."
"It's not nonsense Andy-"
She shushed me. "Look, can we please not fight? I came over because I missed you."
"Well I missed you too but-"
"Then let's not fuss any longer!" She laughed, "Kiss me."
I hesitated. She took my arm and pulled me closer to her. My thoughts were starting to melt away with her soft eyes. "Kiss me Maya. I want you to kiss me."
She softly trailed her lips over mine very teasingly. She traced over my cheek and jaw, leaving want in her wake.
I hungrily took her lips with mine and she instantly responded. The way our bodies curved into one another and the comfortable silence that our breathless pants rested in was something that couldn't be dissected into a science. I loved her. And I knew somewhere inside of her, behind her walls, that she loved me too. She had too. Or else all I was left with was lust and empty promises. And that alone was something that could break a heart.