Chapter 5- High Secrets

Wesley's POV.

The sound of a phone ringing woke me up from my dreamless sleep. I woke up in a fuss and looked at the alarm on my bed side drawer. It read 8:17 a.m. I sat up in a jolt and cursed myself loudly as I jumped out of bed. Shit, school started in three minutes and I was late once again. I changed clothes in a flash but still kept hearing the annoying ring of my phone. I looked around and grabbed my phone off my bed. Andy's name glowed on my screen. 

"Hello?" I answered.

Immediately she began talking in a rush, "Finally you fucking answer Wes. What dimension were you surfing in this time? Did you wake up late? Who am I kidding, of course you did. By the way, I need a hookup ASAP. Meet me in the back of the school as soon as you fucking can Wes. I'm serious, I need to get high as a motherfrigging kite before I bitch slap everyone in this entire school. God, why does my life utterly suck? Anyways, get up and get ready for school loser. You do realize that you're already missing your first period right? Georgia is gonna kick your ass if you're called into the office one more time for attendance. What the hell are you waiting for Wes? We gotta jet! Get moving you jerk off! Anyways love you, gotta run, give Georgia my love, thanks, bye." And just like that, she hung up before I could even utter a word. My mind was still processing after five minutes and I was already getting a headache. It was not a good idea to drink last night. But then again, my life was full of bad ideas.

As soon as my mind woke up, I brushed my teeth, ran my fingers through my hair a couple of times to tame the curls, grabbed the goodies Andy wanted, get together a cup of coffee to go, and be on my bike and jetting to school all under twenty minutes. I raced to the back of the school and found Andy and some dude waiting behind the janitor's shed. I recognized him to be a football player on the team. Now that the season was over, I had multiple jocks ask me to hook them up. I didn't like doing it but they paid pretty damn well. I didn't mind it. 

As soon as Andy caught sight of me, she walked up to me, "Finally, Jesus Christ. Thanks again Wes, you're a fucking hero." She slapped a twenty dollar bill in my hand as I gave her the bag.

"Anytime Andy," I replied. "You're going to ditch first period?"

She shrugged, "Yeah but, I'll go back before lunch. You should probably get to your class before Georgia chews you out."

"She still won't let you come over to the house?" I asked. Georgia was me and Maya's foster mom. Adoptive mom since two years ago after she grew quite fond of us. It felt too weird to call her mom, ever since we were seven when our parents passed away. When we moved here last year and Maya met Andy, Georgia gravely believed Andy was a bad influence on Maya and wouldn't let her come over to the house anymore. That didn't stop Andy and Maya from seeing each other.

Andy shrugged again. "She'll come around," She smirked, "Anyways see you later Wes, thanks again."

I nodded and faced my bike toward the front of the school. "Wesley!" Andy called out. I looked back at her. 

"Um, don't tell Maya about this," She said looking down at the bag of weed in her hand. "Or him." She gestured to the boy behind her. Maya and I rarely weren't close or anything, but I didn't like to lie to her. Especially about Andy. But I nodded anyway. She gave me a appreciative smile before turning away and getting back to her steroids on a stick. I rode back to the front of the school and chased down the hallway to my classroom. I stopped in front of the classroom door and breathed deeply. 

"I'm so screwed," I whispered to myself. I opened the door and stepped inside. The student's heads whipped towards me as I entered the classroom right when Mr. Burrows was talking about the english essay we had coming up. 

"Well Wesley, so glad you decided to join us." He said in that condescending tone of his.

"Wouldn't want to miss your class Mr. Burrows," I responded back with a small smile."

"Great, maybe you would like to spend more time with me in detention," he said and all the butt plugs I had for classmates gave out their signature 'ooooh' whenever Mr. Burrows got kids in trouble. I rolled my eyes and walked back to my desk.

I slouched forward and leaned my face into my hand as I listened to another lecture Mr. Burrows was giving for the day. It wasn't long until my eyes closed and I drifted off into another dreamless sleep.

I hate how the thirty minutes of class felt like freaking five minutes. I hardly got a wink a sleep last night and the nap I took in class didn't even make me feel even the slightest better. The bell rang, waking me up and causing another headache. Everyone gathered their stuff and hurried out the door. I stayed sitting in my seat until everyone left to avoid traffic. Even Mr. Burrows ran to the teacher's lounge to get another cup of coffee before second period so I was alone in the classroom.

I rubbed my eyes and sighed as I stood up and walked towards the door. My foot stepped on something as I walked and I looked under me to see a small brown bounded leather journal. I tilted my head and picked up the item. I scanned it to see if there was a name on it or anything. I walked outside the classroom and my eyes searched around the halls to see if perhaps anyone was walking back to the room to retrieve their missing journal, but nothing. The bell rang for us to go to class and I didn't want to be late to second period. 

"Oh well, finders keepers, losers weepers," I shrugged and made my way to second period.

..

Robert Sheehan as Wesley Gibson.