Chapter 15- M

Wesley's POV.

I walked into class early, for once. Only because Georgia made it her mission to get me out of bed two hours before I actually really needed to be. But for once, I didn't protest. I walked into class with only a few students sitting in their desks. Madison happened to be one of them, sitted right in the front row. She noticed me coming in but didn't say hi, neither did I. I knew she wouldn't want anyone to know about the debacle with Jack the other night. Although I wouldn't blame her. Of course she wouldn't want anyone to know that she was rescued by two losers that were lucky enough to be there that night. God only knows what've happened if I had not been there. I didn't even bother to think about it.

I walked to my seat in the back. The bell rang and the students started to shuffle in. Once Mr. Burrows started teaching, I grabbed the journal from my backpack and started reading. I felt bad enough that I was reading this just to entertain me now, but it was better than learning about Dante's Inferno. I skipped to the very last entry of the journal that was written and hopefully I could pick up on a clue to who this 'M' person was.

October 10th, 2015

Dear Journal,
I'm gonna keep this brief since class is almost gonna start. But there's something that I've been dying to say and I've never really found the courage to say it. I think I'm going to move in with my aunt in Los Angeles. I didn't want you to think I was a coward for running away from my problems but this seems to be the only solution. I already talked to my aunt about it and seeing that she's my mother's sister, she's the only person that I have felt close to since her death. And I know I would only be going to school in LA for a semester until I graduate but still, I can't stand being in that house anymore. It's too empty and I'm afraid that it's making me empty too. I can't stand being in this school either. It's not as if I have any real friends like I said. All people do is see me as the perfect girl who has everything. Although I don't see in anything wrong with that. At first all I wanted was for people to like me but then, now I don't care if any of them like me at all. I don't care about anything anymore. If only they cared to know the real me. But I'm too childish if I think that's going to happen. They won't ever see me. Just what I look like, what I have, my social status. That's all they care about. People in this world will use you for what you have but they do not care about what's on the inside. I've learned that and accepted it.. It's better for them to see me this way. If they knew the real me, I wouldn't be anything at this school. But I do confess, I wonder how different things would be if they knew the real me. The real Madison James.
- M

I immediately slammed the book shut. Causing everyone to turn around and look at me. Including her. Madison. She didn't see what was in my hand at first but when she took a second look, the utter dismay showed on her face.

"And what do you have there Mr. Gibson? A note of some sort?" Mr. Burrows said as he was already making his way to my desk.

"What? No! No of course not! It's a journal-" I said shortly before he grabbed it.

"You should be paying attention to the lesson Mr. Gibson, not writing in your diary." He said as the whole class laughed. But not her, she looked absolutely mortified that Mr. Burrows was holding her journal. Her private journal.

"But it's not mine!" I blurted out. Madison's face fell in her hands.

"Then whose is it?" Mr. Burrows asked. "Mr. Gibson, I would really like to think that you weren't invading someone else's privacy." The whole classroom fell silent.

"I didn't read it!" I exclaimed but quickly said again, "Well I mean I did but-"

"Mr. Gibson, to the office now." He demanded, "You crossed the line. Stealing another person's property and invasion of privacy is worthy of suspension."

"I didn't steal it! Someone left it behind and I was only trying to figure out whose it was!"

"Then who does it belong to?" He asked. I stayed silent. If I told him it was Madison's, the whole class would know that Madison James keeps a diary. That she has secrets, and private thoughts and intimate feelings that no one knows about. They would question how they see her. Or worse, they would actually uncover that she's a human being. And I know she didn't want that.

"Um.. Uh.. Well.." I stammered.

"Go to the office Mr. Gibson." Mr. Burrows demanded. "Now."