Chapter 16- Safe With Me

Wesley's POV Continued.

I stared blankly at the clock as I sat outside the principal's office as she was talking to Mr. Burrows. How would I explain that I found Madison James' diary, read it, and didn't return it? I knew I was going to get suspended anyways. I knew my fate was going to come soon.
Suddenly the door bursted open and Madison strided towards me. "Give me five minutes." She said as she barged in the principals office. I could hear their shocked voices as she entered the room. The door quickly shut behind her that I couldn't hear what they were saying. It didn't even reach five minutes yet before Mr. Burrows walked out of the classroom. Before he left he looked back at me with a defeated look, "You're off the hook Mr. Gibson.. this time."

Madison walked out after. She looked at me with a blank expression as she said, "We need to talk." She walked back out of the office and outside. She didn't even bother to check if I was following her or not but she assumed I was. And I was. We walked out into the parking lot and all the way to her car. People were giving us strange looks but she didn't care at the moment. Her eyes remained in front of her. As soon as we stopped in front of her BMW, she whipped back around and faced me.

I mustered up my courage to speak. "Look, thank you so much for getting me out-"

I was interrupted by the harsh slap of her hand against my cheek. My cold hand covered over my red cheek as I looked back at her in bewilderment. "What the hell! What- Why did you-"

"How dare you steal my journal!" She shouted. "Not only that, how dare you even look inside of it! You had no business with it!"

"Madison, calm down!" I counteracted, "I only looked inside of it to see if I could find a name! It's not my fault you end every entry with 'M'!"

"That's the point! No one is supposed to know whose it is! They weren't supposed to know it's mine!"

"And no one knows it's yours! Except for Mr. Burrows and the principal!" I looked at her again, "Wait how did you get me out of being suspended?"

"I had to tell them that I gave you permission to read it!" She groaned, "Can you believe that? As if I'd give you permission to read my journal. As if I'd give anyone permission to read it!"

"Then why'd you do it?" I asked, "Why didn't you just let me take the fall?"

She crossed her arms and almost pouted. "Because.. Because I thought it was the least I could do after what happened with Jack."

I smile was starting to form at the ends of my lips.

She scoffed. "Don't give me that, I just don't want to be the cause of your suspension."

"I'm really sorry Madison," I apologized, "I honestly only opened it just to find out who it belonged to."

"So you didn't read any of it?" She looked somewhat hopeful that at least some of her privacy wasn't exposed.

"W-Well, I uh, didn't read all of it." I stammered. She remained to look mortified.

"Oh god," She threw her face in her hands again before jetting to her car door. I ran after her and stopped her before she got in.

"I swear to God Madison, I will not tell a soul about what was in that journal. I swear, your secrets are safe with me." I promised.

"They better be," She threatened, "Because if so much as one person other than you knows what was in that journal, I end you." She glared at me before she got into her car and drove away.

I closed my eyes and groaned. This is not how I wanted any of this to happen. I wanted to befriend Madison, not make her my enemy. I wasn't my sister or Andy. I didn't look at her and see pure evil. How could I after I know the kind of person she really is? I read the absolute depths of her and I wanted to know more. I still do. But there's no chance in hell of that ever happening now.