Chapter 15 : Remembrance

After what had happened last night, I was finally able to learn who I really was; what my purpose truly was. When Zack woke me up in my temporary hotel room, we ate breakfast and waited until my school day ended. It was a sunny day; a little windy, but bright. We headed out and started walking to my house. There wasn't much Zack and I talked about, aside from the usual greeting and occasionally asking some questions from my side.

Zack told me that he'd simply be spectating me until the time I become separated from my real body. Last night, I came to the terms that if I am going to be separated, I'll have to use the time I have left to spend my last moments with my uncle. The question was, what would I do? I could just stay home; chat with my uncle and have a cup of tea like a British wannabe, or I could go outside and do some activities.

However, I could not tell.

We walked all the way; from the streets to the city; to the terminal and finally up the hills where my house was located. It felt like there were butterflies in my stomach. It tightened and gave me a nauseating feeling. Was it a sign of my body separating, or was it just nervousness?

I could not tell.

I trudged up the stairs and stood in front of the door; breathing in deeply and letting it all out. I grab the door handle and twisted it opened. Zack was out of sight by the time I entered, but I was pretty sure he was watching beside me; either he was using his illusion ability, or perhaps he was in the Color Lens.

I could not tell.

I heard my uncle greet us from the living room, "salam, Nathan. How was your day at school?"

I returned the greeting, trying to give a sense of joy in my voice, "wasalam, Uncle. School was alright as always."

"That's good to know!" he replied.

I stroll up to the living room, noticing that the Holo-Vision (HV) was on, displaying the news and weather channel. The fruity blue screen and orange sunlight shining down from the window mixed into the room, making the lighting abstract. My uncle was working on his tablet, perhaps doing some work regarding his career as a police officer. I gestured my hand towards the screen; HV detected my hand movement as I stretched my left hand out a little and lowered it. The loud volume coming from the HV lowers into just mild background sounds.

My uncle realized the sudden change in volume and looked at me as I sat on the couch near him. "Is there something wrong, Nathan?" he asked out of concern.

I took a deep breath and replied, "Uncle... H-How have you been feeling?"

Kello raised an eyebrow, answering, "Um, I've been feeling fine. Thanks for asking. What about you?"

"Fine... I'm fine..."

Silence came between us for a brief moment. He looked at me, curved his lips, then went back on his tablet. "Take your time..." he calmly reassured.

I paused, grateful for his patience, I took a deep breath and spoke, twiddling my thumbs, "Uncle..."

"Yes, Nathan?"

I glanced outside, seeing that the clouds were clearing up; an idea comes into my mind. "Do you have time to go on a walk with me to that place again? And if possible, can you do it today?"

"Huh?" he replied, turning his gaze away from his tablet. "Well, I don't have much paperwork to do, but why would you want us to go now?"

"Well, it's Friday; the sky is clear and we can see a beautiful sunset if we make it to that place. Plus, I wanted to spend some quality time with you since we haven't done that in a while."