Prolouge : The third grade

(Little Lulu shown above)

"He is so cute, like look at his dark brown hair and those pieces of chocolate for eyes. Oh, it is official Nathan Andrews is completely flawless. Oh, I am gonna marry him one day."

Kayla raved. She did this just about every time Nathan does something. Kayla and Nathan would be a cute couple. They both have dark hair and chocolate colored eyes. And they are both attractive.

Kayla is a bit taller than Nathan by maybe an inch or two. But Nathan is a good 4 inches taller than me. I look over at my best friend, and she is completely not with me, yet she is standing right in front of me.

Most likely daydreaming about how their children will look one day. I chuckle to myself. " What?" Kayla ask. I just shake my head telling her that it's nothing. "No, tell me. I am your best friend, you have to tell me." I look at her, still saying nothing. "Luana Aldrich, tell me right now."

I smirk slightly. " Kayla, we are in the third grade! You have never had a true conversation with Nathaniel. Yet you are so sure you will grow up and become Ms. Kayla Andrews and have mini Nathans and little Kayla's riding around on unicorns in your princess castle."

I didn't mean to sound bratty, but it was all true. She has said all of this herself to me. I think the most Nathan and Kayla talked was when she dropped her pencil and he picked it up for her. He said "here you dropped this." Then she replied. "Thanks." She wouldn't stop yapping about it for the next three weeks.

" OMG!! Nathan is coming over here. How is my hair?" She asked in a rush. I look at her and her loose perfect curls fall just right below her shoulders. Beautiful as always.

" Perfect like always."

She smiles and turns just as Nathan comes to a stop right front of us. "Hey, Kayla and Luana." We say hello. He is the only one that calls me by my full name.

Although Kayla isn't on a talking bases with him, I am. He is one of my friends, but we don't talk that much.

"Hey, uhm, Kayla, do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asks nervously.

I can almost see Kayla's daydream from where I stand. I elbow her to get her back to reality.

" Uhm, of course!" She replies happily. Both of their faces brightened.

That was the beginning of the strongest love I knew for a long time. And then I broke it's walls into a million pieces.
***
What'd you think? Suggestions? Comment please. Follow please. And guess what, I follow back.
Xoxo
- Maddie