Chapter 2

Picture of Kayla above played by Victoria Justice^^
Kayla looks up and at me and smiles.

" Okay, I am just finishing up the veggie shakes and your omelet is on the stove. "

Neither Kayla nor I need to lose weight, but we both work out and eat really healthy. She also makes me go on runs and do exercise videos.

" Where is Nathan? Isn't he usually here by now?" I ask grabbing a shake. It looked absolutely disgusting. It was like the color of mold and smelt like she had blended my gym clothes.

" He is on his way, but he had to drop off Charlotte and he knows she hates me so he's dropping her off before he comes." She says crunching her nose at Charlotte's name.

Charlotte is Nathans little 12 year old sister, but she is not a fan of Kayla. AT ALL. They can argue for hours over the dumbest things. They are like sisters who hate each others guts.

Charlotte loves me, though. She, to me, is a complete sweetheart. She and I talk about EVERYTHING, even though she is still in junior high. She is like the little sister I always wanted, because all I got is a jerk of an older brother who moved out 2 years ago.

"Okay. Kayla, I just have one more question. What the hell did you put in these shakes?" I ask pointing to liquid on the counter. I dont even know if I could call it a shake.

She opened her mouth to answer when we heard the front door open and 2 pairs of shuffling feet and muffled voices. Oh no, Charlotte is here. Just as the thought entered my mind, 2 people walked in through the kitchen door. Nathan with his chocolate hair and eyes. And Charlotte with her long carmal colored hair that has blonde streaks in it. And her eyes that match her brothers.

"Lulu!" Charlotte shouts as she runs for me. I open my arms and she jumps right in and I pick her up and spin her around. When I put her down I look at Kayla who has hatred and something else in her eyes, maybe... jealousy. It is gone along with the hatred before I can be sure.

When I glance at Nathan I realize how much he changed this summer his hair is in up like a wave and is longer than I remember. He is wearing a pair of black joggers and a red skin tight shirt that shows off his muscle. It is like him and Kayla planned on matching for the first day. Which they might have. And he is wearing a big smile looking at Charlotte and I. Most likely avoiding Kayla's glare.

I turn back to Charlotte and smile. "What are you doing here Char?" I inquir. She rolls her eyes playfully and replies, "the school didn't notify people that anyone who is not a legal guardian couldn't drop the kids off. But I am glad you are here and not just barbie over there." She moves her head so that it is pointing to Kayla.

"I am not a barbie, you bi-"

"Uhm are you guys ready to go?" Nathan said cutting off Kayla.

" We still have to eat, but then we are ready." I reply standing up. Even though Charlotte is 12, I have to bend down to make good eye contact.

I walk over to the shake and hold my nose. I chug the whole glass and walk over to the omelet. They are so tiny that I could finish one in three bites. Which I did. Kayla did my actions just a little bit more elegantly.

" We're ready!" Both Kayla and I say at the same time making us laugh.

When we grab our bags and pile Into the car with Kayla in the passenger seat, Nathan in the drivers and Char and me in the back. Kayla and Charlotte were arguing over the fact that Nathan can do better than her.

" Nathan, why are you dating her when you could be dating Luana? She is prettier, smarter, nicer, more fun, she's funny, plus you two would be the cutest couple ever." Charlotte shouts over Kayla.

The three of them look at me, Nathan only sightly cause he is driving. But I could see the same emotion in each one of their eyes.

Wonder.
***

Please comment on this message or post on my page. Vote if you liked it. Love you
Xoxo
- Maddie