Chapter 17

"COME ON LULU! I AM INJURED AND I STILL GET READY AND GET HERE BERORE YOU ARE EVEN UP!" I hear Kayla yell out of the shadows of my room. Then my door shut and feet on the stairs.

"I'm up jeez. No need to yell." I say rolling out of bed. I look at my alarm clock. She woke me up 2 minutes early. "FUCK KAYLA! YOU WOKE ME UP TWO MINUTES EARLY! I COULD STILL BE SLEEP-"

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.

My head snaps to the side seeing that my alarm clock just went off. I grab a pillow and chuck it at the alarm. The clock fell to the side unplugging from the outlet.

"WOW SORRY I WOKE YOU UP TWO MINUTES EARLY I WILL JUST LET YOU HAVE YOUR BEAUTY SLEEP TOMORROW!" she yells back.

I roll my eyes and walk to the closet. I search it and decided I am feeling pink today. I grab a tight aztec pink half shirt and a pink high waisted skirt.

I walk into my restroom and wash my hair quickly in the shower. And I get dressed afterwards. I blow dry my hair and leave it in it's cascading waves.

After applying some light makeup, I head down stairs to where Kayla was.

When I go there, she was watching TV. I looked at her outfit and it was pretty as always. It was made up of a black flaring lace bandeau. She also had skinny jeans and a pair of black ankle boot heels. Well she had the heel on one foot and a cast boot for her hurt ankle.

"Great! You are finally ready! What took you so long today?" Kayla asks turning to face where I was standing at the bottom of the stairs

I gave her a confused look. I didn't think I took that long, actually I thought I took less time than usual.

I shrugged and walked to the kitchen to get breakfast. I grabbed two protein bars and walked back to where Kayla was sitting on the couch.

"Here" I say tossing her one. She caught it right before it landed in her lap.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask.

She nods and reaches for the crutches by her feet.

"Do you need help?" I ask. I didn't mean it like I didn't think she could do it by herself, but she took it like that I guess.

"NO LULU I DON'T NEED HELP!" She yelled at me. I flinched because she hardly ever angerly yelled and for her to yell at me, scared me.

Her face turned softer when she saw my expression. She sat there and put her head in her hands.

"I'm sorry" I heard her voice muffled through her hands.

I sit down next to her and pull her into a hug. "What is going on?" I ask her as I start to feel wetness on my shoulder as she silently cries.

She didn't reply for a while. Then after a few minutes passed, she lifted her head and looked me dead in the eyes. She took a deep breath.

"With my hurt leg I can't do one of the things I love which is to cheer, but at the same time, people act like I am this hurt person that needs help with everything and-and for crying out loud I just got this thing on yesterday and already I feel like people are walking on eggshells with me."

She finishes, but after being best friends for as long as we have been, I can tell that there is something else bothering her. Of course her being treated differently than usual is hard on her especially because she is so independent and strong. But there was something else.

"What else is bothering you Kayla? And don't play dumb, I can read you like a book after all these years."

She looked at me, tears running dosn her face. Yet she still looked beautiful. Unfair.

"I-I think Nathan i-" she broke off cleared her throat and began again. This time more steady. "I think Nathan is hiding something from me. Something big. And I-I think h-he is che-ating on me." She finishes and I sit there.

I just sit and stare at her. Completely clueless of what to do. But there is one thing I am sure of.

I am screwed.
***
Sorry this update took so long, but there it was. Hope you liked it ♡♥♡
-Maddie