Chapter 16

You only have to see the very beginning before the girl started talking.
***
"OKAY 5, 6, 7, 8. KATY I SAW THAT. KEEP YOUR BALANCE GIRLS. OKAY BOYS FLIP US." I yell as we practice our routine.

The boys toss Me, Kayla, and Katy in the air and we do a kick full  basket tosses. I land perfectly and I thought everyone did too. But I hear a yell and a groan of pain. I quickly get out of my spotters hands and run to where the sound came from.

It was Kayla. Holding her ankle and wincing in pain.

"Oh my god, what happened?" I asked looking at her ankle.

"It was my fault. I messed up my stunt and got in an odd position. And out of the spotters reach." She replies slightly touching her already slightly swollen ankle.

"Can you walk?" I ask. She tries to get up but cries of in pain and falls back to the ground. She shakes her head no.

"Okay someone call Nathan. Tell him she needs to go to the doctor. I will help you to the bleachers. Dylan come help me." I say wrapping one of Kaylas arms around my shoulder, Dylan doing the same thing.

Once we get to the bleachers and set Kayla down Dylan asks a great question.

"How are we supposed to do the duet if she hurt her ankle. And she is one of the main flyers. What are we going to do? "

"I don't know. We can always get Katy to do the flyer and have someone take Katys place, but for the duet...I don't know." I say shaking my head thinking.

No one can learn a full dance routine in three days which is when the competition is. Yet, Kaylas face brightens with an idea.
"Lulu, you can do it." She says

"What. I don't know the full dance." I argue.

"Yes you do. You choreographed it and saw us practice it like a million times." She says back determined.

"Choreographing something and doing it are two very different things. Plus the competition is in three days. I can't profect it by then."

"Lulu you are the best dancer I know. The dances are spread out in time enough for you to be able to change in between. Please just say you will do it. It won't be fair to Dylan if he can't dance for my stupid mistake. Please Lulu. Pleaseeeeeeeeeee!" She gave me her best puppy dog face and I cracked.

"Fine" I sigh. "We have to get back to practice. I will meet you at the doctor as soon as practice is over. Okay?" She nods with a giant smile.

"Okay."

Tyler and I race back to the team and I tell them the plan. They agree. But every floor flip she did is going to be an empty space. We need to fix that.

"OKAY GUYS WE ARE WORKING AN EXTRA 2 HOURS UNTIL THE COMPETITION!  AND DYLAN! YOU AND I ARE GOING TO PRACTICE AFTER EVERY GROUP PRACTICE. I AM TAKING KAYLAS PLACE IN THE DUET. OKAY, LETS GET STARTED!"

We had so many revisions that I wasn't sure about if we were going to be ready by the competition.
------

"So what's the word on your ankle?" I ask Kayla while we sit in the doctors office waiting for him to say we can leave. I just got here a few minutes ago, so I don't know much of what the doctor said.

"I spranged it so I am going to be out of cheer for a while."

Oh no. She is the best on the team and we are losing her. Plus she is hurt and I hate seeing her hurt. Well I am hurting her by being with Nathan. Ugh I don't know what to do about Nathan.

"Oh no. That stinks so much. Well I have to go home and take a shower." I say turning to leave when I remember something. "Oh and you can still travel with us. You still have the airline ticket. Remember plane leaves at noon. Be there. Okay hope you feel better."

And with that I leave ready for a hot shower and sleep.
***
The video is the stunt Kayla fell on. She didn't do it right and the spotters couldn't catch her.