Chapter 7

Nathan above^^(Nick Robinson)

Sorry it's been a while! School projects are clouding my brain. Anyways here is Chapter 7.

***

"I don't get it. If a2 (squared) plus b2 (squared) equals c2 (squared), then why do we have to square them and not just a+b=c multiplied by 2?" Nathan asked with a confused look on his face.

I face palmed myself. "Nathan, this is something 7th graders learn. If that is the formula, then you do it like that. What is not to get?" I say tiredly.

We are in the 11th grade and he is having trouble learning 7th grade stuff. We have been here for over a hour and have barely accomplished anything. I have to admit though, he is kind of cute when he is frustrated. No no no no no no. I can't think things like that. Him and Kayla are dating and will always be dating, maybe one day be married.

But I cant stop thinking about what we would be like together.

~~~(Nathans pov)

I don't know why I am here. I am actually good at math. Mr. Robins did tell me to get a tutor, but only because recently my head has been anywhere but on my school work.

I could tell that Lulu was getting frustrated with me. But I love the way she bites her lip when she is aggravated. How she raises only one eyebrow instead of two when she is confused. The way she smiles at stupidity and laughs at my jokes. Luana is beautiful with her long curly blonde hair and green eyes.

No no no no no. I am dating her best friend, I love Lulu. I mean I love Kayla and only Kayla.

" You have to get going, Kayla and you are meeting up in about 30 minutes. We can meet at my house tomorrow to study for the test. But at about 8 I am going to a party so you can come with Kayla if you want." Lulu says snapping me out of thought. She had something in her eyes when she said Kayla's name, but before I could pinpoint what it was she turned around.

She began gathering her books and putting them in her brown bag. Once she is done she grabs her heels and puts them back on. She said that they began to hurt her feet so she took them off.

I look at my watch and realize that she was right. I have about 30 minutes until I have to pick up Kayla for our anniversary picnic.

"Okay I will be at your house by 6 and I will ask Kayla about the party. See you tomorrow." I said as I grabbed my one book and turned to leave.

Before I could get far, Lulu grabbed my arm stopping me.

" You love her with all your heart, right? Kayla I mean."

She says almost pleading.

"Of course." I say although I am starting to doubt whether that is true or not.

She smiles, a weird kind of smile. That thing is back in her eyes, but yet again I cant tell what it is before she passes me and walks out the door.

What is happening to me?

***

Sorry about the math I am only in the seventh grade so I don't know what they teach in 11th grade. If you want to comment me something for help... I would appreciate it. VOTE PLEASE!!!
XOXO
- Maddie