Chapter 6: Elise the Confusing

That night I had the same nightmare. Ice covering a lake with me under it. But this time something different happened.
A dark figure walked over the class and stood over me. The then i woke up.

My alarm on my phone blared. I opened my eyes. Today was the first fay of school!
I got out of bed.

I took a look at the uniform for the first time. It wasn't anything major like Harry Potter. It was just an average light blue shirt, a black sweater with a snow flake over my heart, and some jeans.

I packed all of my binders and books in my backpack and headed out the door with every one in Ice.
We met Ella and Rose at the table we sat at during the feast.
I placed my bag down and went to get food. Ella followed me.

"Did you find anything?" She whispered.
"No." I replied.
"Do you regret it." She asked.
"No." I said smiling. She gave me a quick and not noticeable peck on the cheek and then we got food.

I ate my breakfast brownies while we talked about classes.
"Im really excited for Elemental Control." Said Rose. "Anyone else?"
We all said yes.

A bell rung and we left our plates on the table for them to vanish. I found my locker. All of the Ice's were together and turned out Roses locker was beside mine.

I entered the combination 4820. It opened with a click. I put all of my binders in the top section and my books in the bottom.

I grabbed one of my binders labelled, Normal Subjects and headed for Math.

Math was boring, a usual. But things were different. The chalk would write on the board by itself because of an Air Elemental Spell, and the math textbooks would open to the needed page.

When all my normal classes I headed to Elemental spells.

Everyone in Ice sat in the class with a binder labeled Ice Spells like me.
All of a sudden a object ran through the door. It appeared to be a wolf and was made of a bright blue swirls.
"Welcome to Elemental Spells!" Said a voice that followed the bounding weasel.

A lady with brown hair with bits of grey pulled back into a bun stood in front of us. She was tall and lean and had a face with a few wrinkles.
"In this class you will learn how to jinx or hex an item, object, or a living object to it. You will learn how to make Ice do what you want it to, and even be able to see your aura." She said.

We all stared in aww as the weasel puffed away.
"My name is Mrs. Diana." She said in a motherly voice. "And I welcome you to Elemental Spells!"

Books appeared in front of us and they flipped to page one.
"The first thing we will be doing is making a snowflake float above our hand." Said Mrs. Diana.
She balled her hand up in a fist and opened them lightly. A beautiful snow flake the same colour as the wolf floated above her hand.

"First. Close your hand and concentrate on a snowflake. Imagine all six sides, what it looks like, and what colour it is."

I imagined a snowflake it had beautiful edges and reminded me of the Ice emblem. A gust of power swept through me; opened my eyes. Nothing had happened.

I looked down disappointedly then looked around. Everyone had seem to have gotten it but me.
I tried over and over again until the bell. I failed at every attempt.

I walked out of the classroom and headed to the hall for lunch.
____________________________________________________________________
I sat at my regular table. Only Elise and Rose joined me. I wondered where Ella, Sarah, and James were?
I saw Ella run up to our table. She had a black eye.
"Ella what happened?" Me and Elise asked.
"Fera." She said.
"Are you alright?" I asked concerned.
"No." Cried Ella into my shoulder.
"Excuse me!" Said Elise triumphantly.
She took a hold of Ella's hand and walked off leaving me alone.
"What the hell Elise?" I whispered under my breath.

Elise didn't show up for Elemental Control. We waited five minutes for her but she didn't come.

"Welcome class!" Said a man in his later twenties. "My name is Mr. Daser (pronounced D-a-z-er) and i will be teaching you every thing from freezing a drop of water, to a whole lake, or using your powers.
Now Everyone please say your name and your favourite animal, with your favourite colour."

He pointed to me first.
"My name is Jaxon Hill. My favourite animal is a Wolf and my favourite colour is navy."

Next it was James turn.
"My name is James Rarin. Mr favourite animal is a Fox. My favourite colour is sun set orange."

Now it was Sarah's turn.
"My name is Sarah Jerim. My favourite animal is a penguin. My favourite colour is sky blue."

"And isn't there supposed to be one more of you?" Mr. Daser asked.
"Yes." I said. "She... Didn't feel good after lunch." I lied. I had no clue what Elise and Ella were doing.
"Well then! I hope she feels better. The first thing I will be teaching you is to freeze one drop of water.
What you will want to do is imagine the water droplet, imagine it freezing cold turning into a little shard of ice."

He handed around a small cup with a single water drop.
"Try now! You may not get it today. But you will get it soon if not." Said Mr. Daser.

I concentrated on droplet so it was my only thought. Closing my eyes I felt the same power i felt in Elemental Spells, but it stopped like there was a blockage.
I looked at the droplet. Nothing. Of course. I face palmed.

Maybe i wasn't an Ice Elemental. Maybe i was a magical dud. A nothing. What if I was just a plain fat nothing.
_______________________________________________