Chapter 15: Make a Move

Denen, Haley, Aira, and I awoke first.

The storm was still going on, and the rain was poring down if not harder them the previous night. All four of us headed out of the dorms and headed for the school for training.

By the time we got to the school the sky had turned from black to grey.

We entered the gym and we all headed for the change room.

"So are you going to ask?" Denen questioned.

"What do you mean?" I asked Denen.

"Are you going to ask Ella to the Fall Dance." James explained.

"I don't know." I replied. "She just broke up with someone, she needs time to gather her feeling's. Plus what would it do to the group? Brennen would get so pissed at me."

"Brennen wouldn't get mad at you." Denen told me. "I have know him for a... long time. He doesn't hold grudges."

"I still don't know..." I sighed.

With that we headed out of the change room all changed. As we entered the gym Sorien said: "Hello." And we all started talking. Brennen was running late as usual.

I looked around in search for Ella. There she sat he light brown hair soaked from walking here.

I walked over to Ella.

"Hey." I greeted.

"Hi." She replied sadly.

"I heard about you and Brennen." I said sitting down next to her.

"Yeah." She confirmed. "I was having some confusing with who I liked and I told Brennen and we decided to break up. It was mutual."

"Oh... Who was the other person you liked?" I asked.

These three words ran through my head.

"Please be me."

"Please be me."

"Please be me."

"Um.." She stuttered. "It doesn't matter..."

Brennen walked into the gym and a heavy silence fell over the gym.

The silence was broken when Sorein called us over.

"Before we begin." Sorein Declared. "We need to have a meeting later. Please dress appropriately. The old leader of the Gifted Six will be there along as the other... surviving ones."

"Ha... Thats funny." Aira laughed nervously. "I could of sworn you just said surviving members."

"Yes I did Aira." Sorein said.

With that we got to training.

We had twenty minutes of cardio before we started using magic.

As i finished thirty-six push-ups Sorein stopped us and called us over.

"Today you will be learning the extent of your powers." Sorein told us. "We will be heading over to the lake for this part of training."

We all pulled on a rain coat and walked to the lake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Once we got to the lake Sorein explained what we would be doing.

"Let me explain." Sorein explained. "Brennen will try and create a wave as big as he can and try and stop it before it reaches shore, then Jaxon will try and freeze the lake as much as he can, Ella will try and melt his doings, and then Haley will create a bridge across the lake of stone, then Aira will blow bridge down and lastly Denen will summon a lightning bolt from the sky and electrocute the water for as long as he can."

Brennen stepped forward and started moving his hands. A ten foot wave formed and started towards us. Brennen tried to make it bigger but he failed and it sunk down back into the lake.

I took a step forward and made a circle motion with my hands. The lake slowly started freezing and finally it reached the end of the lake.

"Its only seven feet to the bottom of the ice, but not terrible." Sorein told me.

Next was Ella. She pushed her hands out and a flame burst out of it.

The fire melted the ice in a mere second.

"Good job!" Sorein complimented.

Haley stepped forward and motioned from the ground there was a small rumble and stone rose from the water, soon a fully formed bridge went from one side to the other.

Sorein picked up a stone and through it at a support pillar. The bridge stood strong.

"Good." Sorein said.

Aira then stepped forward and pushed her hand forwards and the bridge started crumbling. In about thirty seconds the bridges was sinking into the depths of the grey lake.

Then Denen stepped forward.

He raised his hand and pushed it down with force. A fork of lightning flashed down from the sky and hit the lake. Nothing appeared to happen but then Sorein through another rock into the lake and it exploded.

Denen face was pale and eventually he sunk down to the ground.

"Very, very good." Sorein told us.

Sorein dismissed us and we all headed for the cafe we had gone to the other day.

As we were walking I heard someone calling Ella's name.

Ella turned around and so did I. A fire boy was running towards her.

"Ella! I wanted to ask you..."

"No. No. No!" I said in my head.

The boy splashed into a puddle and the water froze instantly.

"Ella I wanted to ask you..." I started.

"To the dance!" Me and the Fire boy asked at the exact same time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------