Chapter 24: Falling Down

She was dead. She was dead because of me. I had killed someone.
My dreams were filled with the same thing. Scarlett saying "Stop", and then her chest moving up and then down and then her chest heaving to a stop.
I when I awoke I was back in my bed at the Academy. Slowly I sat up. I walked into the bathroom and stared at my face. My face was barely recognizable. I had rings under my eyes and a black eye. My cheek had two cuts on it and my lips were swollen.
A tear fell down my cheek stinging the cuts on my cheeks. I walked back to my bed and sat down on it. What had I done! I killed someone. Killed. I closed my eyes. Scarlett's dead body flashed before my eyes. My heart ached as well as my head. I wanted to go to sleep but I knew I couldn't. My dreams would be haunted by Scarlett's dead body.
I stared at the fire place for the rest of the day ignoring the texts on my phone. I didn't want to be near anyone; I didn't want to be their burden. Finally at about eight o' clock someone entered the dorms. Quickly I dried my tears on my blanket.
Denen walked into my room.
"Hey..." He greeted. "I heard what happened."
I said nothing.
"Look, I just came to see if you were alright."
I still said nothing.
"Jaxon! Aira, Brennen, Hailey, James, Elise, Sarah, Elise, and even Ella; we all care about you."
"Please, Ella hates me... And all I am to you guys is a burden." I finally spoke.
"Jaxon... You are not a burden to anyone."
"Just shut the hell up!" I screamed. Denen stepped back out of the doorway.
"Ja-" Before he could say anything. I pushed my hand forwards sending the door closed, twisted my hand locking it in place.
I heard the front door close and the dorm went silent. My eyes felt heavy and my stomach grumbled. I ignored my stomachs complaints and pulled out my phone.
Aira: Wanna Hang out today
Brennen: Hey, what's up?
Denen: Hey Nicole just told us what happened
Aira: OMG! What did you do!
Unknown #: WTF did you do! Go kill yourself!
Tears fell down my cheek as I cried into the pillow. The unknown number was right, I should kill myself. I put my hands around my neck. I couldn't kill myself. If I did Darkness wouldn't be killed and no one deserved that type world. Not even my parents.
I needed to talk to someone; anyone, but no one, no one, would want to talk to me.
Tears fell from my cheeks like the rain splashing against my window. That night I cried myself to sleep and was haunted by Scarlett's dead body.
-
It seemed like the sun had quit it's job today. I had decided to get out of my dorms and go for dinner after Denen and Brennen had convinced me. The unknown number had kept on sending me hate mail. I tried to ignore; it but every message was twisting the knife in my heart more and more.
I pulled on an oversized hoodie and pulled on the hood hiding my face. As I entered the cafeteria a thick blanket of silence fell over everyone. I sat down with Denen, Brennen, and Aira.
"Hey Jaxon..." Aira said nervously.
"Hi." I answered.
"Do you-." She started
"No!" I growled. I could tell Aira was hurt by what I had just done, but quite frankly I didn't care. Aira pushed in her chair and ran off leaving only Brennen, Denen, and I at the table.
I pulled a cinnamon raisin bagel off of the stand in the middle of the table and took a bite out of it.
"That was a little harsh." I heard Brennen mumble. He pushed in his chair and left bringing Denen along with him, leaving me alone at the table.
-----------------------------------------------------------