Chapter 9: The Ice Tattoo

My eyes closed and I curled into a ball.
That night I had the same dream. I was under a surface of Ice, a black figure walked over me. I felt a pain in my arm that's when I realized this wasn't a dream, you can't feel pain in dreams.

I woke up sweating, I looked around; I was still under the Willow tree.
I screamed in pain. A burning went off in my arm it felt like something was burning into my arm. I looked at my arm, a pale glow radiated off it.
The pain started to get more intense and then finally the pain was so bad I fainted.

My eyes opened. I was still where I was last night.
I touched my arm. It felt normal.

I looked at my arm. My mouth fell open in surprise.
A small pale blue tattoo was on my arm. In the middle of it was the Ice emblem and surrounding it was a ring with intricate designs in the middle. Off of the ring was all of the other element emblems.

I had never wanted to get a tattoo and I personally didn't like them, but this was beautiful.
Questions started flying into my head.

Why had I gotten this Tattoo?
How had I gotten this Tattoo?
What did the Tattoo mean?
Did it have any effect on my powers?

The last was answered quickly. I looked towards the lake and saw that it was completely frozen.

I creeped to the lake. Even the waterfall was frozen.
I walked onto it. It was completely frozen through.

I raised my hands, and tried to make the snowflake appear.

I didn't  even have to think. The same snowflake that was tattooed onto my arm floated above my hand extremely  bright.

I looked at the sun. It looked to be around 9:30! I had to get to class. Granted I had already missed math, but it was only  my first week here at AE and I didn't want to make a bad impression on myself.

I walked towards where I thought the school was.
It seamed like twenty minutes before I reached the school.

When I got to the school I noticed that two men were pacing back and fourth in front of the school. When they saw me they started walking towards me.

I turned and ran.

"Get back here!" One of them yelled. The man swiped his hand a air started to push me back towards the entrance of the school.
A rock flew at the back of my foot and hit me tossing me off balance. I tripped over my foot and landed on my face and flew towards the men.
One of the men grabbed my arm and dragged me into the school.

We took a right before we got to the room where the stairs were. A big statue of a Phoenix stood in between two large pillars.
The man not holding me said, "Orc toe." and the Phoenix's wings folded inward, and the statue slowly started to shrink into the floor revealing a small door.
The whole sequence with the Phoenix reminded me of Dumbledores office in Harry Potter.
I smiled at my thought.

We entered the room.
It was quite large. Towering over us were book shelves and mysterious objects on top of them. A large desk sat at the end of the room nestled in between two book shelves.
The floor was a dark wood and the ceiling was made of the same material.

Two other kids sat in chairs, one of them was Ella and of course the other one was the Water boy she was kissing last night.

The guards sat me down in a chair and told me to stay put. They left the room locking us in.
I pulled my sleeve over my tattoo completely hiding it from view.

"Jaxon." Ella whispered to me. "I can explain."
"I don't want to hear it!" I yelled at Ella.
"Please Jax-"
"I said I don't want to hear it!" I interrupted her.

Ella just sat back down into her chair and it looked like she was trying to disappear.
I stared at her.
"Ella." I started.
The guards burst in with three other people. Two girls and one boy.

I instantly recognized the boy. It was the Lightning boy who James and I had ran into a few days ago.

He snarled at me and took a seat opposite to me. The two girls sat beside me.
A few awkward moments took place before Mrs. Nicole walked into the office.

"Good Morning." She said with a smile. She took a spot at her desk.

"Now." She spoke. "All of you missed the first class today, don't worry you're not in trouble. All of you have a gift."

What was she talking about? So I had gotten a tattoo, but that didn't mean I had a gift. Or did it?

"All of you this night got a tattoo." All of our faces snapped to hers. "Don't argue with me if you could all please reveal it."

I was the first to reveal mine. I lifted up my sleeve revealing the tattoo.
Next the girl next to me lifted pulled the neck of her shirt down revealing a pale pink tattoo similar to mine but instead of the ice emblem the air emblem.
Next was the Lightning boy. He pulled up his sweater sleeve revealing a gold tattoo on the middle of his arm.
Ella was next her tattoo was on her collar bone.
Then came the earth girl. Her tattoo was on her left arm on top of her shoulder.
Lastly the Water boy showed his which was like mine but on his left arm.

"Ok now that we know you all have the six tattoos. We'll talk about what the symbolize.
Many hundreds of years ago Light and Darkness had kids; Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Lightning, and Ice.
Darkness killed Light because he wanted the thrown to himself. He wanted to rule the world.
The kids decided to come together and kill their father, they weren't entirely successful. The just slowed his return. The elements knew they were growing old so they had kids with mortals which created elementals. But six of these kids were stronger then the rest. There job was to try to kill darkness. They were called The Gifted Six." Mrs Nicole told us.

"And let me guess. We're the six." Ella spoke softly.
"Yes. You six are the Gifted Six." Mrs. Nicole announced.
—————————————————————————–