Chapter 21: Christmas Day Part |

I awoke early the next day; I got dressed quickly and headed out side of my room. The Christmas tree that had been set up by the fireplace. There was only one present under it, and it wasn't even from my parents.

A tear came to my eye. I couldn't believe that they could just leave me like that. Something ached in my heart; heart ache. I cried sitting beside the tree with a dancing flame in the fireplace behind as the snow fell to the ground. Eventually, I opened the present. It was quite large but there was no note saying who it was from. I ripped of the wrapping paper. A huge cage lay in front of me. It had three stories, a bunch of hanging toy like things; and a water and food dispenser.

A note lay in the bottom. I picked up and read it.

Dear Jaxon Fern Hill...

Merry Christmas, please meet by the water fall at eight o' clock.

Curiosity struck me. Who was this person? Why did he want to meet me at the waterfall? How did he even know about the waterfall? And what was this cage for?

Thirty minutes later I left the dorms. I was dressed in my school sweater and some black jeans. Finally, I came to the water fall. No one was there.

I sat there for a few minutes before I heard someone walking up to me. A man I recognized as the interior store owner sat down beside me. He sat a cage with a blanket over it beside him.

"Jaxon Hill," He croaked. "I've heard a lot about you," I smiled, I didn't know what to say. "Your the new Ice member."

"What how did you know!?" I panicked.

"Relax," He calmed me. "I'm the old Ice member of the Gifted Six."

"Oh," I smiled. 'But why did you send me a gift? I don't deserve it."

"Yes, yes you do Jaxon." He assured me.

"But why?" I asked.

"Because, your like family to me, after our father is the same."

What!? That meant that my dad wasn't my dad... How could my mom keep something like that from me? I nodded, I didn't want to seem startled by the news.

"I believe that you are aloud to have pets now." He declared. I nodded 'yes'. "Well, here you go."

He pulled the blanket off of the cage and pulled out a small squirmy brown and white thing. It stopped squirming enough for me to see that it was a small baby weasel. The top part of him was light brown and the bottom was white.

"His name is Remy." Said the man. "By the way, I'm Alexander."

"Thank you, Alexander." I thanked.

We went over on how to care for the weasel (it was not a ferret) and then he left leaving Remy and I sitting at the water fall. Eventually, I started walking to the school with Remy.

I sat down at the table that Denen, Brennen, and Aira were sitting at. Every petted Remy, and I held him for the rest of the meal. Breakfast was amazing! Pancakes, waffles, cinnamon buns, muffins, and omelets were served along with coffee, orange juice, and hot chocolate.

After everyone in the cafeteria was done with breakfast Mrs. Nicole went up to the podium.

"Merry Christmas everyone!" She smiled. "Today we will be having our annual Capture the Flag game, you are aloud everywhere in the school just not the dungeon or the teachers room. Everyone will need to be here for twelve o' clock when it will be beginning. See you then." She walked off the podium and walked to the teachers table and sat down.

Everyone left the cafeteria and Denen, Brennen, and I all went to Aira's dorm. The air dorms were beautiful. The walls were white and the ceiling looked like the actual sky. Every thing was white including the couch, table, the book shelf; everything.