Chapter 22: Christmas Day Part ||

I walked down the old wooden stairs. It was pitch dark except for the smallest sliver of light coming from a crack in the bookcase. Finally, I reached the final stair and stepped down into pitch black. Aimlessly I walked around the room until a chain hit my head. I grabbed the chain and pulled it down. A dim light flickered on sending the room into a dingy light. What was this place?

I looked around. Bookshelves lined the walls filled with old ancient books. There were piles of books scattered around the room. The floor was stone and so was the ceiling. A small dusty wooden chair sat in the corner of the room with a book on it. I walked over to the chair and picked up the book. I dusted it off and read the title. The Gifted Six Encyclopedia. I gasped. This must have meant that the last person in this room was a member of the Gifted Six.

I heard shouting from up above me and remembered the game of capture the flag going on. Quickly I ran up the stairs and peered out of the small crack. A person ran out of the common room into the hub. Quickly I pushed the bookshelf out wards and stepped into the common room. Scarlett turned around quickly as the book shelf closed and shot a ball of fire at me. The fire hit the wall and quickly went out. I twisted and pushed out my hands sending a ray of ice at Scarlett as she sent a ray of fire at me. Both our powers met in the middle creating a blast of energy. My hand started to shake and I put my other hand behind it to reinforce it. The fire ray started pushing towards me. My arms started shaking more. I pushed my arms forward into a straight line. My ice powers pushed towards the Fire girl. The Ice blast hit her sending her spiraling back into the wall. She sat up and set a ball of fire at me. It hit me in my stomach sending my stomach into a burning pain. Something inside me flared. I felt a surge of power seep through me. A pleasant chill went through me. I closed my eyes and opened them. I clutched my hands together and then opened them. An orb of pure ice power formed in my hands. I pushed my hands outwards at the Scarlett. She stood up just in time to receive the blast  at her diaphragm. The girl flew back into the wall. Ice spread from where she was hit and soon consumed her hole body.

I ran over to her. Her body was completely frozen over, her eyes stared at me not moving.

"Help!" I screamed. I heard people running and then Mrs. Clare (Our school nurse) and Mrs. Nicole ran down the stairs and joined me.
"Okay," Mrs. Clare said. "I need a Fire medic and an Ice medic from Silver Pine Medical Center ASAP.'
Nicole ran to her office and grabbed a phone.

I heard her voice from in the office.

"One of our students has just frozen another, she is completely frozen over." She said into the phone. "The person is in first year, but he is the Ice member in the Gifted six. Ok, we will keep her how she is."

With that she ran out of the office and over to me.

"What did you do?" She asked concernedly.

"W-we were fighting and I felt a surge of power and then I used my power and it hit her and sent her flying back into the wall and she froze." I explained.

"Where did you hit her?" Mrs. Nicole questioned.

"The heart." I whispered.

Nicole's eyes opened wide. I heard yelling from outside. And everything went sideways. Then I slipped under a blanket of darkness.

-----------------------------------------------------------