Chapter 24

Nicole's P.O.V.

I jump awake and realize I fell asleep on the plane and Jacob, the little boy who I sat by, is shaking me awake.

"Miss Nicole? The flights over, wake up!"

I open my eyes wider, realizing what was happening. I was still on the plane and it was all fake. I shake hands with Jacob and thank him for waking me. I unlock my phone and see I was reading a Jordan fanfic with a point of view where you insert your name. I'm low-key glad though because that was SO damn dramatic. I mean who can love someone they just met? I hop up and grab all my stuff and walk off the plane.

I find my way to baggage claim just to see Jacob starting to cry on a bench with a police officer.

"Hey, hey, hey, it's okay. Excuse me officer, may I ask what you've said to him?" He glares at me then sighs.

"You see Jacob here? Well his mom got of prison after 5 years but he was living with his grandma up until her release. He was flown down here to live with her but she died three years ago." I look around confused.

"If she got out after five years but she died three years ago, then she died in prison?" I shake my head because this doesn't make any sense.

"What I'm saying is Jacobs grandmother lied to him and his mother is still in jail. He's going to be put into an orphanage until she gets out." He looks at Jacob and holds out his hand. "Come on Jacob, it's time to leave." Jacob looks up at me and smiles.

"Thank you for keeping me company and caring for me, it felt nice for a few hours." His smile fades as he gets up and walks off with the police officer.

My faces falls even further, he seems like such a cute kid. He looks so young, maybe eleven or twelve. I look at the baggage claim waiting for my bag. I grab it and stare at my beat up tennis shoes. I stare out the door, drop my bags, and start running as fast as I can.

"JACOB?!??! HELLO HAS ANYONE SEEN A SMALL CHILD WITH A POLICE OFFICER?!?" I yell as I shake some woman. Her husband, I'm assuming, points and I nod. "THANKS!!!" I run out of the airport and see Jacob get in the back seat of the police car. I look down at my feet one last time and whisper to myself...
"It's now or never."

I sprint as fast as I can down the parking lot and jump on the car as it starts to drive off. The officer stops the car and gets out.

"Ma'am that's my car, usually I'd arrest you but you must have a pretty damn good reason for jumping on my CAR!!" I jump off the car and hesitantly say that I'll take Jacob into my custody.

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that ma'am, you're clearly underage. I'll need some ID to prove you're over eighteen." I nod and go to reach for my bag realizing I dropped it when I ran after Jacob.

"I don't.. I don't have it with me, it's in the airport though! I can go get it!!!"

"Nice try, but not good enough. Bye ma'am." I sigh and turn around, I'd hate to let Jacob go to a horrible family. I look up at the airport and see the man and woman holding my stuff looking for me. I quickly turn around and point to them and he understands. We all walk back and get my stuff. I show him my ID and we drive to the nearest orphanage.

~After hours of paper work~

It's about 8 at night and. I totally forgot I came here to record videos with MDE. I walk into the waiting room and wait for them to let me see Jacob. I have no clue how I'll take care of him. Back at home I have a one bedroom apartment and I get paid very little from YouTube. Oh what to do what to do? I quickly snap from my thoughts when I see little Jacob. I walk over and pick him up, the lady glares at me while I walk out of the horrible building. Jacob, very sleepy hugs onto me as I struggle to get out luggage onto the curb. Now the hard part, hailing a Taxi.

After about thirty minutes of trying I finally get one and load our stuff into the small vehicle. I whip out my phone and tell him the address Shannon
gave me. Next thing I knew, Jacob was asleep and we were on our way.

(._.)(._.)(._.)(._.)(._.)(._.)(._.)(._.)(._.)(._.)(._.)(._.)
SORRY FOR ALMOST A WHOLE YEAR BUT HERE'S THE UPDATE. I got into AP art and I'm struggling with my classes, I'll update more! SORRY!! 💙💙💙✌🏻️