Chapitre Tres.

Chapitre Tres.

           I still clung to Daniel. Being in his strong arms made me feel just a bit safer in the dark, enclosed box that we were both trapped in. The lights still hadn't turned on, so we were trying to last off of Dan's iPod light. It wasn't working out very well, since the light shut off every few seconds, but it was better than being pitch black.

            But then of course, like I said to Daniel about his iPod dying, the little bit of light we had suddenly flickered off making me wince slightly.

          I loved the darkness, when it was outside. I hated indoor darkness. It scared me a lot, making me think that something would grab me, or pop out of nowhere. Going to sleep was different, my sheets protected me.

          Outdoor night life was something to praise about, expecially if you live in New York City, the city that never sleeps. It was true. New York City never slept. There was always cars honking at one and other, trying to get to strip clubs, or the friends screaming at one and other, having the times of their lives, or the lonely, heartbroken people who wandered the streets, looking for love, and help.

          But even if you never get the chance to experience New York City, the nighttime was still so beautiful. Anyone can see the stars, and those were seriously the most beautiful things ever. Plus, they were always there for you.

          I would be able to see those city lights and stars if I wasn't trapped in here, only to see darkness.

            I silently cursed my dad, because he was the one that made me get on this death machine. Who even created these dang things? I immediately felt guilty for blaming my father, he always told me that every bad thing starts with a good intention. He was just trying to get me to get over my fear.

           My family probably hadn’t even realized that I wasn’t at the eightth floor yet. We decided to reverse the situation, well, my dad did. Remember how he wanted me to get over my fear? He thought it would be best if I went on by myself, while they met with me on the eighth floor.

           How sweet of them.

           Well they got to climb 8 flights of stairs, I was locked away in a pitch black elevator. 

           My dad would probably realize, but my sister and mother were probably ecstatic to have me gone. They were probably not even looking for me. I pushed the thoughts off all of them out of my head. I really didn't want to think about my not so loving family right now.

           The 8th floor was filled with horrible memories, most that I want to forget. But, they were apart of me now, as depressing as that is to say. Everything happened on the eighth floor.

          The day I was rushed here, I was rushed to the eighth floor. Every appointment was on the eighth floor. Every tear was shed on the eighth floor. But, every visit was taken place on the fifth floor. With my dear little Johnny.

           The elevator was quiet inside. The only thing you could hear were Daniel and I's breathing. My breaths were pretty harsh since I was very frightened. My hands were still shaking and my head was spinning. Dan's smell also had an impact on me, causing my head to pound more because the smell was so strong, but so good.