Chapitre Nueve.

Chapitre Nueve.

            He wouldn't look at me.

            It's been an hour since I told him, making a grand total of being stuck in here for about 22 hours, and he wouldn't look at me. Why? I have no idea. 

            It hurt. More than I thought it would hurt. I don't know why I thought he would stick with me after I told him. I couldn't even tell if he had pity, or if he was scared, he just wouldn't glance at me. He just sat in the corner and looked the other way. 

            "Daniel?" I finally croaked out. I hadn't even realized that I was crying until I felt my damp cheeks. He glanced up at me, and paled a little, with a guilty look in his eyes.

             I didn't expect him to start talking. It seemed like he wouldn't even talk, but then he did, making my heart speed up a bit.

            "I'm sorry Sky. I was ignoring this whole time because I don't know what to do when people tell me depressing things, and I wish we were out of here so I could get you a teddy bear or something. And if you think that I'll leave you or something, you thought wrong. I will never leave you. I'll be here until and after you lose your vision."

           I blinked. Once, then twice, before the words hit me like an incoming speeding truck. Salty tears blurred my vision making me go blind briefly.

            He wrapped his arms around me and I sobbed on his shoulder. He patted my hair and ran fingers through it and down my back. It was soothing.

            I bet you're kind of confused so let me go back to an hour earlier...

1 Hour Earlier.

            "Why are you here?"

            I sighed even though I knew he would ask that sooner or later.

            My heart has never beat this fast before, and it was a little scary to know that my heart was pumping that fast. I didn't know where to start with telling him, and I was nervous to how he would react. My palms started getting really sweaty and butterflies, no, freaking birds were in my stomach.

            "Well... it all started a year ago..." I began, thinking I should start from the moment I found out about my condition, and the consequences. "I was out at a party, being my crazy teenage self... I wish I never went to that party, or I wished I never drank that much, if it would cost me my eyesight." It was almost embarrassing to have to admit all this.

            I took a deep breath, and continued. "The drinking isn't making me lose my eyesight. I don't think that alcohol could make you lose your eyesight, but if you got into a car accident you could." I glanced up and saw Daniel looking a little pale and his eyes distant, but I went on with my story anyway.