Chapitre Dieciocho.

Chapitre Dieciocho. 

           Veronica, my sister, always managed to show up at the worst of times.

           It was 7 o'clock in the morning. I wanted Daniel to drive me home because first of all, he picked me up so I had no way of getting back home, and second of all, my parents would probably flip out or not care that I had snuck out in the middle of the night. They were always unpredictable.

           Like, one time I had went to a party because Erin made me go, and they found out, but they didn't even care. And then I got a B- on a quiz that didn't count as much and they flipped. They took away my phone and computer for a week.

           When I arrived back at home, I noticed the flashy red sports car in the driveway, and that car belonged to the one and only Veronica Greene, aka my snotty, bratty, college sister.

           "Daniel, thanks for everything, I'll see you around, okay? Okay." I said all in one breath, and hopping out of the pick- up truck. I loved pick- up trucks. Was it a coincidence that Danny Boy had one? I think not. 

           "Okay... But I'm staying in the car until you get into the house." He responded, turning up the air conditioning. August air was always humid and hot in New York. If this had been any other situation, I would have swooned from how cute he was being, but this was not the situation for him to be cute! If he stayed any longer, Ronnie would have him wrapped around her manicured finger, just like all of her other guys.

           "Fine." I snap at him, while he chuckles as I slam my door shut and cross my fingers, hoping that everyone was still sleeping. But, luck was not on my side today because as soon as I raised my hand to open our front door that always seemed to be unlocked, the door opened before me.

           I held my breath, praying that it wasn't my parents, and luckily it wasn't. It was the devil herself. Dressed in a bright neon pink pair of shorts and a black tank top that hugged her tightly. The outfit looked as if it was painted onto her, that was how tight it was. 

           "Sky! Baby sis! How are you?!" She wrapped her arms around me, and squeezed me in a hug, while my hands stayed on my sides as she sucked the circulation out of me. I could feel her eyes on the gray pick- up truck in our driveway. It was hard to miss, since I never had any friends, and the truck was huge.

           "OMG! Who is that?! You should invite him in!" She shrieked in my ear. I winced and pulled my body out of her death grip of a hug.

           This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. I knew I should've held my ground when I spoke to Daniel and tell him to leave. I cursed under my breath, as Veronica bounced up and down. How could someone have this much energy at this time of day? 

           "No." I hissed to her. I was hoping that she would get the hint, and I was also hoping that Daniel was getting the hint as I stood infront of Ronnie so that my back was facing him. I put a hand behind my back, and flipped him off. Maybe that would make him leave.