Chapitre Doce.

Chapitre Doce.

            This had to be a joke.

            Maybe I was hearing voices or something. Maybe I was hallucinating. Maybe I was just so high off of happiness and Daniel's proximity to me, that I was seeing and hearing things. Or maybe I finally have the luck that I think I deserved.

            I didn't know whether or not to be happy, because me and Danny Boy here were frozen in time. I didn't even have the energy to open my mouth and speak to him. A part of me wanted to run to the intercom thingie, and yell at the people to get us out, but the other half wanted to curl up into a ball and ask Daniel to never leave me.

            Don't judge me for being dramatic.

            "Ahem?"

            Daniel and I both snapped out of our trance that we were in, but I didn't know if I should be the one to speak to whoever this was, or should he?

            So Dan took care of this for both of us, thank goodness.

            "Who are you?"

            Okay Daniel, that's a great way to talk to the people who might be saving us.

            "What Danny Boy means is," I cut in, being polite little Sky. "What is happening?"

            The person on the other side chuckled, but I still couldn't tell if this was a man or a woman. And why are they chuckling when I am about to pass out from lack of air and Daniel's cologne?

            "We found that one of the hospital elevators weren't working," The person said. Well, no freaking duh the elevator wasn't working. I thought to myself. "And now we are working to get you out. We also have camera footage from you guys in there, and that is how we found out your names." 

              My breath caught in my throat while a deep blush filled my face. Everyone would see what I did to get food. Not that I regret it. That granola bar was great. I glanced at my other prisoner, stuck in here, and his expression scared me a little.

            He looked guilty.

            But then the voice interjected one more time, before I could ask Daniel why he made that face.

            "We have notified your parents and family."

            I sighed a breath of relief and I felt as if a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.

            I could tell Dan was happy about that too, but he still had a guilty expression on his face, which confused me a lot.