Chapitre Quince.

Chapitre Quince. 

            I honestly felt bad for our waitress.

            She looked new, mainly because she was wearing high heels. And not those little one or two inch heels, I'm talking 5 or 6 inch heels. Her feet were wobbling as she walked and her face was screwed up in a pained expression.

            To top off her painful shoes, she had to take orders from all of us. Me, Daniel, my mom and dad, his mom and dad, my brother, his brother, Erin, and little Johnny. She looked like she was going to rip out her hair and I felt bad.

            Especially since my mom takes so long to order what she wants. She changed her order at least 3 times now, giving me a headache. Why couldn't she be normal and order chicken fingers and not a honey barbeque super melt with extra fries and no bacon?!

            "I'll have the Dippin Chicken with waffle fries." I said without hesitation, hoping she got my order. I've been ordering that ever since I was little, I was surprised they still made it. It was the only thing I ever liked, in any restaurant. Sure, not every restaurant had the Dippin Chicken, but they had chicken fingers. But chicken finders on a stick made everything so much better.

            I really need to stop rambling. But I was nervous. And it was because of the man sitting beside me, brushing his broad shoulders aganist me, in a teasing way that made me want to take him down on the tab-

            "Make that 2." A voice came from beside.

            I shot Daniel a smile, happy that he liked the same food I liked. Who didn't like the chicken fingers? Oh, that's right. My mommy.

            Johnny looked like he was having a hard time deciding so I just told the waitress to give him what I got, I knew he would like it. 

            I put my hand on the back of his chair and smiled at him, as we played Tic-Tac-Toe on his drawing menu.

            "So," My father began. Uh oh. "Skylar... We got to see the video footage."

            Insert black hole to swallow me up right here.

            My father and I got along much better than me and my mom. I have a daddy's girl to the extreme.

            "And," He continued to add to Daniel and I's utter embarrassed. "Seducing someone for food isn't something we taught you..."

            I don't know how I could have managed to get anymore red. But I did, and Daniel was blushing too, and if I wasn't in such a tight situation, I would've teased him about it.

            My dad's eyes glinted in mischief. And I knew he was just doing this to see my reaction, along with poor little Daniel who was getting redder by the second with everyone watching him. I glanced around the long table we were seated at and all the adults eye were on us. My brother and Daniel's brother, whom I have yet to find out his name, were talking and Johnny was playing with his menu.