Chapitre Veintinueve.

            "He-"

           "Daniel!" A loud shreiking voice came from behind him. His jaw clenched as he continued staring at me and Noah, as if the voice of my bratty sister would go away. There was only so much of Veronica you could handle before slowly breaking down because of her overbearring, and overall, bitchy personality.

       "Which dress is better? This red one, or-" She hopped over to us in a hurry, not even acknowledging the fact that Noah and I were standing there. I wrapped the dress I was getting closer to me, praying that she wouldn't choose the red dress. I didn't want to wear the same color as hers, even if her dress was far more slutty, and mine more formal.

            As she finally came to a realization that her and Daniel weren't alone in this tiny boutique, Veronica turned around with a tight grimance on her face that I wanted to smack off and say, 'Daniel has a girlfriend! You're not going to get laid by him anytime soon!'

            "Oh, hello little sister." She remained stiff, glaring at me.

            I nodded to her in a 'Sup' way, which she rolled her eyes at and once again, turned her back from us and went back on talking to Daniel about which dress would cover her butt less.

            "Let's leave?" Noah asked with hopeful eyes, and I couldn't have nodded any harder. He smiled at took my arm, leading me to the cashier, where I was going to pay, and Noah, being the gentleman he was, paid for me.

            "No! Daniel! The black one is so long!" Veronica's voice was heard from the black of the store. I just rolled my eyes and laughed silently to myself, while Noah was howling in laughter.

            I guess this wedding wouldn't be as bad as I had thought.

***

            During the last two weeks of Summer, there is usually only one thing that goes on.            

            The parties.

            Even though it was Thursday night, a day after the little scene at the dress shop, there was a huge party in someone's flat near Times Square. 

            I hadn't planned on going, not at all, but my best friend, Erin, was forcing me to get off my lazy ass and go have fun before school starts.

            If you lived in Times Square, you usually know almost everyone, and there was one family in paticular that everyone knew because of their flat size, and the fact that they owned one of the most amazing restaurants in Times Square. 

            If you're a teenager, and you lived near Times Square and you know the great family of the Moreno's, you are told to, and you must attend, one of these parties.

            I am a teenager, but this would be my first time attending a Moreno party. Blake Moreno is me and Erin's age, his older sister, Arianna, was in college and got booze. Erin was a huge party animal, and knew where all the parties were, and the Moreno's annual end of Summer party was tonight.