Chapitre Once.

Chapitre Once.

            "Don't you think it's weird?"

            I looked up from my stack of Uno cards that I was trying to build a tower out of. It wasn't working so well, but I wasn't going to give up just yet.

            "What is?" I asked. "The fact that I can't build a tower?"

            "The fact that you can't build a tower and that you were suppose to go blind 6 months ago." He said bluntly, taking the fallen cards from the floor and trying to build his own tower. I shrugged. I agreed with him, and I still had hope, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. 

         Taking a 3 cards, I tried making a triangle, which ended up falling. I finally got fedup and shoved the cards away from me, huffing slightly. Daniel was doing it just fine. How? I didn't know.

            "I always thought that, but the doctors believe it will happen. And I don't want to have hope and then lose it." I explain, blowing air through my mouth, making his cards fall down. He glared at me, making me grin sheepishly.

            "You're the biggest jerk." He grumbles, making me laugh and stick my tongue out.

            "Yeah, but you love me." I joke around with him, but the thought of us loving each other does make my heart skip a beat.

              "I love food."

           "But I'm better than food."

             Danny Boy bursted into a laughing fit, tears actually falling down his face, making me frown as I stared at him.

          "Puh-lease Sky," He began after he finished laughing. "We both know food is much better than any human."

            Rude.

***

            "I don't want you to feel obligated to be my friend because of my condition," I explain to the boy laying beside me. Daniel turns on his side, leaning on his arm, while I stay laying on my back, with my purse tucked under my head. I stare up at the ceiling, avoiding Daniel's eyes that was currently burning a hole into my skull.

            "I don't feel obligated, not at all. I want to be here for you, Skylar." 

            My heart skipped another beat, for the second time within 2 hours. I feel my face become heated at our closeness. If I leaned up a little more, I could kiss him. Just...

            He broke eye contact, clearing his throat and shuffling to move on his back. I pushed the rejection out of my head, because he didn't reject me. He just moved a little further away from me.