Chapitre Veintisiete.

             She was beautiful.

             And not just that cutesy, blonde hair, blue eyed, typical white girl, but I was talking tan and tall. Her legs were hanging off the side of the bed, and her hair was sweeped across her forehead. It was curly at the ends, but even in a coma, in was in perfect condition. Her face lacked makeup, but she didn't need it at all. Her boobs were big and she looked thin, and fit.

             Damn, I sounded like a stalker, but I couldn't help it. I was just so... so...

             Jealous.

             I honestly would've been quite fine if she wasn't that beautiful, and peaceful looking.

             The only sound that filled the silent room was the beeping of the heart monitor. Maybe if I'm lucky it will be one straight line. Just kidding, I'm not a heartless bitch who wished death upon people.

             I know that you all are probably expecting me to run out of the room, move to Mexico and never talk to Danny Boy again, but stay in contact with Tyler.

             But, I was stronger than that.

             We were all awkwardly huddled in the doorway of the tight hospital room, and I was pushed to the front, with Daniel and Tyler surely watching my every move.

             I didn't take a chance to glance back, and I couldn't. I was just staring at the girl in front of me, covered in white sheets, and a tube in her nose. Her breathing was so even, so calm. Im the middle of life, in the middle of life or death.

             "Fianceé, huh?" I wince slightly as my voice cracked at the end. I didn't want to show them how upset I actually was because of this. Not daring to turn around, I took a step further into the room, the beeping becoming louder with each step.

             She was even more beautiful up close, cocooned in a mass of sheets, tubes in her nose, her arms, and that button thing on her middle finger. Stitches was on her forehead, and a broken left arm.

             Daniel cleared his throat, taking a step in with me. I couldn't even look at him. All I saw was a liar. All I could hear was a liar, and all I could say was that he was a liar.

             But I still couldn't find my legs to move me out of this place without taking a glance back. I was just staring at the girl in front of me.

             Michaela was her name.

             The name of the devil.

             She looked so innocent, just lying there. That sent another flicker of jealously through me. She was beautiful and she probably was a nice person. Oh, the competition.