Chapter 2

"Devin, come over. I need help," I sob into the phone.

"Why? What's wrong!" a worried voice replies.

"Just come over. I'll explain later." I slowly hang up the phone without saying goodbye.

***

"No texting?" Devin asks from a chair in my room while I sit on my bed, smothered in blankets, pillows, and food with a messy bun on my head, wearing just a tank top and pajama bottoms, blotchy face and all.

"No texting," I respond.

"No twitter or instagram?"

"No twitter or instagram."

"No... anything?"

"Just some crappy old phone on their tour bus. I've tried calling it. Louis wasn't there when I called and I could barely understand what the guy was saying. Some security guard named Paul...?"

"It's all good, Cass. I brought frozen yogurt and movies," she says with a half smile.

"And this is why you're my best friend," I laugh before returning to sadness. I sniffle and bury myself deeper into the covers. "Devin gimme dat yogurt."

She looks me up and down and snaps her fingers. "Not with that attitude gurl."

I sniffle and half-smile. "That sass reminds me of... of LOUUUIISSS!" I sob into my One Direction pillow, signed by Louis.

Yeah, I know, 'She's obsessed with her best friend's band? Aw she cray.' Well yeah, she cray, but no. I'm not obsessed with One Direction. But I might as well like them, right? I mean, Louis Tomlinson's my best friend.

"Aw, Cassie, it's ok, it's ok," Devin sighs, petting my hair. "Louis' coming back in a few months. Don't cry Cass. Dooonn'tt cryyy." 

"B-but Devin. You don't understand. I don't understand! Louis kissed me. And then he just... left. Just walked away."

"He WHAT?!"

"You heard me."

"But I don't understand! He's your best friend! And he just... kissed you?!"

"I don't understand either! Just... don't tell anyone. I don't wanna talk about it anymore."

I throw myself into the pile of blankets as Devin turns on my favorite cheering-up movie and takes out the yogurt.

***

Dear Louis,

I miss you already, and it's only been a day. I don't understand what that kiss was for but... um.. let's not talk about it... I still love you anyways.
So, I'm gonna write you these notes every day and send them to you, although you move so fast I doubt you'll get them.
I hope I get to see you soon. Even though I wont. For like a year.
Sucks to be me.
I miss you.

~Cassie.