Chapter 17

Hey hi guys omg I have not written in like 4 weeks I'm sorry! I was on vacation to foreign islands all of February vacation and have been swamped with schoolwork since I got back! 

I hope you guys forgive me & enjoy this.

~Sam

_____________________________________________________________________________

*Louis' P.O.V.*

Cassie needs this. Do it for Cassie. And you. I tell myself. I pick up my phone and dial the number, holding the phone as if it were an artifact worth millions of dollars.

I hold it up to my ear as it rings. The voice that picks up is all too familiar; high pitched and demanding, yet bitter sweet enough to rope someone into a relationship with a locked door. 

"Louis?" the voice squeaks loudly. 

You're doing this now. "Hi, Eleanor? I need to talk to you about something." No, you're not. Do this in person. You're not a piece of trash. "Meet me at Starbucks in ten." I say nothing further before hanging up the phone and getting dressed to go out.

I leave my flat with one last look at my phone and shove it in my pocket as I leave. I close the door and get in to my car and drive off.

***

My stomach flips and my chest tightens as Eleanor finds my table and sits down across from me. I take a deep breath and a sip from my coffee before looking up to face her. 

"Hi." I have no idea how I'm going to do this.

"So." Her obnoxious voice rings in my ears. "What do you want to talk about." She says it as a statement, not a question.

"Umm..." I breathe. "I know you've helped me and comforted me for a while, but things are getting weird and... people can change and..." I stutter. "Maybe you'll meet someone who likes to play games as much as oyu do, but I'm not the kind of person who wants to be in a relationship full of regret and fighting and trickery, so I think we should break up." I sigh and sink back in my seat.

"Umm... why would you want to do that?" I stare at her blankly.

"I just stuttered my way thorugh a very difficult speech about why I want to break up with you. Nothing has changed since ten seconds ago. I don't think we're good together. I'm sorry." I stand up abruptly and unknowingly storm out of the restaurant. 

She doesn't follow.

*The next day*

Cassie's P.O.V.*

I wake up with an immediate urge to be active.

This is strange. I never want ot be active.

I practically leap out of bed and pull on my clothes and sneakers. I run downstairs and grab a bagel before heading out the door and outside to take a walk.  I pull the hood of my fleece over my head and continue to feel my nose freeze and turn redder by the minute. Why did I tell myself this was a good idea?

As I'm looking off to the side at some of the buildings, I feel a sudden jolt and before I know it I've fallen to the ground. There is a throbbing pain in my shoulder and hip. A hand is pulling me up and my head is spinning and a mouth is moving but I can't hear the words and everything is a blur. My ears begin to ring and my vision comes back together for a moment.

The volume of the pulsating ring turns down and I can hear the words coming out of the mouth as well as see the face attatched to it. 

"You!" It's saying. "You! You're the one who caused this! Do you know how hard it was to get a popstar boyfriend? You're just some little girl from the same town as a famous boy, contrasting with a rich girl with great taste in everything, and which does he want more? The stupid little town girl! You don't deserve him. You will never deserve him! You haven't even had to try and he's just wrapped around your little finger! If you even..."

My head is spinning and I feel a bump on the side of it. There's something wet. Is it snow? Or blood?vI can't tell, because the ringing is coming back and the arms attatched to the face are pushing me back down and I can't hear my own thoughts. The periphery of my vision is fading to black and I curl myself up in to the snow. I forget why I'm here. Where am I, even? I'm just so cold against the snow, and something is pouring from my forehead, turning the snow crimson.

I see a huge, roaring vehicle coming to a stop right next to my face. Some feet are stepping onto the sidewalk and trying to move me. My limbs feel like spaghetti, and I don't understand why they want me to move so badly. I think it would be nice to lie here, if it weren't so damn cold. Can't they bring me a blanket? 

I'm in their car now. Are they kidnapping me? I don't feel kidnapped. Should I ask them? "Are you kidnapping me?" I sputter. In my head, my voice is no more than a groan. A recognizable head of blonde hair turns around from the seat in from of me. It's saying something I can't understand, but his voice sounds calm, so I think I'm alright. "I think I'm ready for a nap," I manage, before the warm, dark comfort tugging at my conscience takes over.

-_______________________________________________________________________

nudge nudge

Hope you enjoyed!

~Sam