Chapter 16

Hi guysssssssss I have absolutely no idea what to write.

I hope this ends up not sucking because I don't even have this planned out in my head so... I'll try.

Bye!

~Sam

___________________________________________________________________________

*Louis' P.O.V.* 

Eleanor and I sit in silence at the dining room table of her flat. I take a sip of my drink and look up at the circular brush strokes on the ceiling. I sit blankly staring until I hear the sound of glass hitting wood. 

"Louis," an annoying, mean girl voice says from across the table. I look down at the displeased pale face framed by brown curls. 

"What." I cross my arms.

She imitates me and crosses her arms with an obnoxious look on her face. "What do you mean 'What?' You aren't paying attention to me, and for like, a week, you have been spacing out and staring at random things. It's like you're on drugs or something."

"I'm not on drugs. And not everyone wants to focus all their attention on you at all times." I look out the window. "It looks like it's going to rain. I should get home soon."

"You always find some excuse to leave early. We haven't even done anything yet!"

"Well what did you expect to do? You invited me over for lunch. We had lunch. Now I'm leaving." I stand up and pull on my coat and hat. "Bye Eleanor." I see her astonished look right before I turn around and speed out the door. She starts to follow me but I shut the door before she can say anything. "Bye." I say, half to myself and half to Eleanor.

I roll my eyes to myself and think about just going home. Or no, not home, let's go to see Cassie. Okay, I'm going to Cassie's. Someone is going to be surprised.

Of course, on this fine evening of rain and storms, I happen to have had the displeasure of walking to Eleanor's building. I scowl as I leave the building and it starts to downpour. I pull up my hood and notice a woman running into a shop holding a boquet of flowers. As she starts to close the shop, I notice the sign, 'Tammy's Flowers' and run in after her before she can close the door.

"Hi," I say, out of breath as I lean against the door of the shop. "You have time for one more customer?" I ask.

The woman, 'Tammy', I guess, looks bewildered. "Yeah, sure." She catches her breath and stares at me for amoment before setting down her boquet and walking behind a counter. "What are you looking for?" she asks me.

"Um..." I try to think of what Cassie would like, but I have no knowledge about girls or flowers. "I... I'm at a loss here. Could you help me out?"

"Sure. Who's the special lady?"

"Uh... she's my, uh, old friend. Yeah, it's her... mum's... birthday... sure. But I wanted to get her something too."

The woman laughs. "What ever you say, buddy. Okay, what is she like?" 

 "Well, she's really weird. Like funny. She has a strange sense of humor, and has a strange fetish for pink socks."

"That's very specific, but... pink socks could be like pink roses, right?" She smiles and pulls out a boquet of roses colored every shade of pink. 

"Uh, I think I'll just get one. This one." I pull out a rose in the same shade of her favorite scarf that I have often stolen without her knowledge.

The woman wraps it up in whatever kind of special paper and hands me the rose. I pay and thank her for her help as I run out the door and as fast as I can to Cassie's house.

***

Cassie's P.O.V.

I hear the doorbell in the midst of my gormet lunch of microwaved macaroni and cheese. "I'll get it," I mumble and stand up from my place at our kitchen table. I wipe my mouth and head over to the door. It is a sunday, and I don't have any plans so that leaves three options of Louis, Devin or Erin. 

I open the door. "Welcome to Casa De Cassie." I look up to see who I'm speaking to, and it's Louis. "Loooouuu beeeaaarr!" I lean against him and wrap my arms around his neck in content with my visitor.

He smiles. "Hi Cass." I notice that his hands haven't moved from behind his back since he got here. 

"What do you have there?" I ask as I pull him inside out of the rain.

"Something." His face flushes and he pulls out a rose, colored the exact shade of my favorite scarf that Louis is notorious for stealing from me.

"Aww! Louis! You know me so well. You didn't have to! Why are you here, anyway?" I grin and accept the rose.

"I was at Eleanor's." He looks down.

"I still think you should tell her."

"And I still think we shoudn't." He crosses his arms. "I will eventually, but just give it some time."

"You don't have that much 'time' to tell her. We obviously can't keep it a secret forever."

"I know. I will soon. I just don't know how to break it to her without her freaking out on me. She gets that way, you know." He puts his arms back at his sides.

"I know. I'm sorry. Hey, uh, why don't you just stay for lunch or something. We're having microwaved food." I grin.

He smiles. "My favorite!"

__________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, that was a reeaaalllyyy boring filler ugh. 

It will be interesting next time, i prooooomise.

~Sam