Chapter 19

So I'm writing this on my phone because I'm camping right now. Yay wilderness.

?????? I'll edit this later.

~Sam

___________________________________

*Cassie's P.O.V*

As soon as I wake up I immediately see the face of a short young man with caramel hair and glassy blue eyes. I can see my reflection in them and imagine myself breaking the glass and creating a new, happier expression for him. The expression on his face right now is either worry or constipation.

"Cassie?"

He speaks. I glance around the room I'm in. It's completely white and sterile with machines beeping all around me. Hospital. I notice 5-10 more people coming in, but they all blur together as my head starts to spin. I look back at the blue eyes and steady myself.

I sideways glance at him and try not to grin. "Who are you?"

Gasps. All around the room. Glassy blue eyes turning watery and constipation-worry turns into tears tears tears. People hugging.

Me laughing.

"You...you guys..." A small giggle. "You guys believed that!?" A burst of bubbly laughter.

And then there was joy. The whole room came alive with cheers and invisible confetti practically poured from the ceiling.

"I was so worried!" comes from Blue Eyes as he embraces me.

I cock my head at him. "I thought that was constipation."

He grins. Blue eyes are coming closer to mine and then pink lips are coming with them. My eyes widen with surprise as I flash a thumbs up to my family, unable to speak. I return my hands to the caramel hair and pull away. "Hi, Louis."

"Hi, Cassie."

***

I hear a disgruntled snort from a jumpy blonde boy with lively eyes. Niall.

I smile when I hear the raven-haired boy next to him speak. "So... that just happened?" Zayn.

There's Liam and Harry and Devin and Erin and my parents. I blush when I realize what I just did in front of them. "So... crazy night, huh?"

"But what the hell happened to you Cassie!?" Devin asks, whipping her blonde hair out of her face and running over to me, along with Erin.

I squint my eyes and try to recall the reason I'm here. I remember that criticizing face with those harmful hands pushing me to the ground. I remember my blood in the snow coming from my head? My foot? My shoulder?

"Um..." A few doctors come over to me and one pulls out a clipboard and a pen. "It was Eleanor?" Louis' facial expression turns numb. "She hit me and I fell down on the concrete. She blamed me for taking Louis away from her. Then there were some feet and they brought me into the dark van. Then I went to sleep." I smile.

"We were the feet!" Liam shouts.

"Good for you." Harry's voice comes closer as he speaks. He turns his head to me. "We're all glad you're okay."

"Yes, we are." My dad. Both of my parents step closer and their hands find home in my hair, on my shoulders, my forehead, my hands.

"Thanks." I blush. After a few silent moments of everybody staring at me, I decide that I'm uncomfortable and speak. "So when do I get to leave?"

The doctor with the pen and clipboard comes to my side. "You can go home in a few days. You need to rest right now."

I feel my eyes widening. "Or... I could leave now." I sit up and although my brain hurts and my vision blurs, I still try to get up before Clipboard's hand is on my shoulder, pushing me back down.