Chapter 18

Heeeey guys. Sorry I like never update it's just that I'm extremely lazy and Netflix has dominated my life. It's like need more food? Nope. Netflix. Cold? Deal with it. Netflix. 

Sooo I'm updating now aren't I? And lol sorry for that cliffhanger buuuut here comes another one because that's all I ever do.

Byee ~Sam

____________________________________________________________________

*Louis' P.O.V.* 

Harry, Zayn, and I all sit in our assigned beds in our temporary apartment, on our phones. We all have  pizza in our laps and highly caffinated drinks by our sides. 

"Where did Liam and Niall even go?" Zayn's voice pierces the quietness. 

"No idea, but they missed out on the pizza," I reply. I hear Harry snort. "What?" I ask.

He snorts again without looking away from his phone. "You have a double chin." I wave his voice away from my ears and throw my empty paper cup at him. "That wasn't necessary." Even though he knows it really was.

The quiet peace resumes for a while and just as I'm finishing my pizza slice, a ringing shatters the silence like glass. I jump in my seat before realizing it is only my phone. 

I look down and realize it's Niall. "It's Niall. Maybe he'll tell me where they are and why they missed pizza night." I pick up and hold the phone to my ear. Niall's voice literally hits me like a brick was thrown at my stomach. He's telling me words I can't believe and Harry and Zayn's voices are racing towards my ears and I can't concentrate on what's what.

I hang up on Niall without saying anything. Zayn and Harry's voices continute until I put up a silencing hand. Their faces tell me they know it's serious. 

"What?" Zayn asks. "What happened?"

"Get in the car." I jump out of my bed and put on a coat.

"But what happe--"

"Get in the car." He shuts up and both of them follow me.

***

As soon as I step into the car, I barely give either of them to jump in the back before I slam on the pedals and we speed down the street until we reach the highway. 

"Woah, dude, where are we going?" Harry's voice reaches in through my ears, but it doesn't get to the part of my brain that know's how to understand it. I've blocked every part of my mind except the part that says get to Cassie. 

Soon I start to hear police sirens and I have to hear Zayn tell me to stop because police sirens mean stop so we can ask you questions. I try to turn my brain back on.

Harry reaches forward and rolls down my window as I blink sowly and look around. Harry's looking through my wallet. A man in a blue uniform is coming towards me with an ugly look on his face.

"Show me a license please." I realize the man has a voice and people have hands that need to find wallets as Harry reaches over and hands the officer my license. I sit up straight and as the man hands me my license back and starts to talk I start to freak out. 

"How much money do you need? Just tell me and I'll give it to oyu right now I just really need to get to the hospital--"

"Hospital? We're going to a hospital? What's happening?"

"You need to get to the hospital?" the officer asks me. I explain to him why and hear gasps from the back. "You trust these guys with your car?" I nod. The officer looks to Harry and Zayn. "Drive to the hospital carefully. I'll take him with me." 

I jump out of the car and the officer takes me to his police car and I get into the passenger seat. He mumbles something into his walkie talkie before we speed down the highway, all the way to the hospital that Niall told me he was at.

***

As soon as we stop, I leap out of the car and thank the officer for his help and run in through the front doors. A lady sits at a counter and asks how she can help me. I tell her and she gives me a room number and directions. I skip the elevator and sprint up the stairs and I'm not sure if I hear my footsteps or my heartbeat but it's taking over my whole body. I reach the room and find Erin and Devin sitting in chairs whispering to each other, Cassie's parents talking to a doctor about "...It depends if the patient wants to press charges or not..." There's Niall and Liam coming at me and saying they're so sorry and they got here as fast as they could and no I can't go in there yet but I push past them and through the doors.

Lying in a tangle of pale white sheets and pale white pillows is a pale white girl covered in ugly bruises and it disgusts me. I fall to my knees and lean my head on the bed. My body convulses and tears run down my cheeks and I feel hands picking me up and dragging me away. I can't hear my own screams of protest. All I hear are the slow beeps of the machines.

The hands plop me into a seat and I see faces coming towards me. Niall slaps me. Liam walks over and says that Harry and Zayn are here. They all come over and shove their faces in mine. They're all saying the same thing; she'll be okay, she just needs rest, she will wake up. 

"Shut up. I just need to see her for myself. I don't need you all up in my face. Leave me alone. All of you. Just shut up". The faces scatter and I'm left to drown in my own misery just as the doctors are saying she's awake! She's moving! I stand up and bolt past them over to Cassie's bed.

"Cassie! Cassie, are you okay?" She looks around a few times and I think I'm delusional when I see a faint half-second-long smile on her face.

"Who are you?"