Chapter 20

Oh my god I am sooooo sorry I haven't posted in over a month!!!!! I'm super busy this summer and I thought i would have more time to write during the summer, but it turns out I have less. Also less motivation because A) netflix and B) no ideas!!!!!!! 

Ok, I apologize & LAST CHAPTER???? (there will be an epilogue though)

~Sam

____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____

*A few years later*

*Cassie's P.O.V.*

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASSIE!" I fall out of my bed onto the floor. 

"Jesus Lou, you couldn't have waited until I was awake?" I rub my head and Louis offers me his hand. I take it and stand up dizzily.

"Sleep is for teenagers. You aren't one any more!" He sticks out his bottom lip and bats his eyelashes. I cross my arms and glare at him.

"I realize that now that my sleeping priviledges have been taken away from me. How did you even get in here?" Louis doesn't have a key to my apartment.

"It's a secret," he whispers with a grin.

"Why are you here so early?" I grab my hairbrush from my nightstand and try to work through the knots in my hair. 

"Because in..." he pauses to look at his watch, "... 34 seconds you are 20 years old!" 

"I would prefer to turn 20 years old in my sleep." I groan and roll back into bed.

"You can't always get what you want... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Louis pulls back my bedcovers and jumps on top of me. 

"Get off of me, you're huge." 

"You have to get up. I have a surprise." He smiles his irrisistable smile and I give in.

"Fine. Give me a minute. Get out." I smile and shove him out the door.

***

When I finally come out of my room I find Louis sitting on my couch, touching everything in sight. "Louis, put down the lampshade." He looks up and drops it to the floor.

"What? Nothing. You look good. Okay. Goodbye." He shoves his face into a pillow. 

I look at myself in the mirror. My hair is in loose waves and I'm wearing a floral sundress with white sneakers. "Okay, what do you want now?" 

"Let's go!" he jumps up and grabs my hand, dragging me out the door. When we get to the parking lot, he shoves me into his car and starts driving before I get the chance to buckle. 

"Louis, slow down! There's no rush!" 

He laughs and continutes driving until we reach a very familiar park. We get out of the car and Louis pulls a cooler out of the car. "Come on." He takes my hand in his and we run down a grassy hill to sit by a shiny pond filled with little ducks. We sit down in the grass and he opens up the cooler to reveal containers of fruit and sandwiches and little o=bottles of lemonade. 

"Lou, this is lunch food. It's like nine A.M."

He looks down at his hands. "I did not think that through. Pretend it isn't." I laugh and take a bite of a sandwich. 

"Hey, isn't this the place we came to that day we snuck out of the hospital?"

"Yes indeed." He smiles and throws a piece of bread to the ducks. He smiles and his blue eyes shine while he watches the ducks fight over it. I laugh and throw another piece in the pond. We break off piece after piece from our sandwiches until we realize the ducks ate our lunch/ breakfast.

"Whoops." We laugh and throw our last bit of food into the pond and the ducs dive for it. 

"Those ducks, are like you," Louis says.

"Louis--"

"You like... you are..."

"Louis, what--"

"You... you know when the duck... you like food. Like the ducks." He puts his face in his hands and makes an inhuman sound. I laugh.

"Such a sentimental metaphor." I place my hand on my heart. "It brings tears to my eyes." I laugh and he sits up and laughs with me.

"I tried."

"Why?" I giggle.

"Because I love you." He holds my hand. "I love you and there is nothing in the world that could convince me otherwise. You are the best person I have ever met. You make me so happy and I... I don't know... I can't imagine what my life would be like without you in it. I love having you around and I want to always spend every minute with you all the time because you make every day better by just looking at you and you are so amazing and I want to spend my whole life with you." He pulls out a box from his pocket and I cover my mouth with my hands. "Cassie, do you wanna marry me or not?"

I squeak and nod my head vigorously. I wipe a tear from my eye. "Yes." I hug him and kiss his cheeks. 

All of a sudden, all of our friends and family members run in from all directions and cheer. "Thank goodness you said yes, that would have been really embarrassing."